I am currently recruiting for a Systems Accountant to join a growing systems team at a Central London Life Sciences end user. An accounting background is required as it will be called upon to deal with month-end queries and reporting issues. There will be a strong focus on supporting Dynamics AX and in the near future they are implementing a CPM solution to centralise reporting and dashboarding in order to integrate and implement a D365 system across the group.
Previous experience in IT is extremely advantageous when pushing for reporting / systematic solutions. The finance systems team works closely with the IT department and provides clear paths of communication and collaboration between the two departments for the wider business.
Role & Responsibilities
- Administration of financial controls on multiple Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERPs)
- Responsible for maintaining reporting solutions for wider business use
- Documenting and training of new procedures / solutions.
- Helping to problem solve queries relating to: month end closing, quarter end closing, and year-end closing , including project accounting, variance analysis, journal entries, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, and balance sheet
- Interfaces with all levels of management in various labs and departments, including sales, operations, shared services and all other adjunct functions
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
- Systems accounting experience
- IT background (rudimentary understanding of databases and VBA)
- Strong Excel and Word skills
- Change management experience /project experience
- Experience with Microsoft AX 2009, Atlas /JET / Bi4Dynamics / Vision (or ay ERP report writing software)
- Experience with D365 for Finance & Operations or with Dynamics Nav is advantageous but not essential
- Experience with reporting / dashboard tools (PowerBI / Tableau / PowerPivot / Business Objects) is advantageous but not essential
- Highly competitive salary and benefit scheme
- Central London Office
- Fully remote work for the next 6 months