Our client is seeking a leader to join their Global Product team as a Director of User Research and UX. This individual will develop a deep understanding of current and prospective clients, and optimize their experience across our core information products, the reporting and analysis software tools that deliver those products, and our Thought Leadership services. The ideal candidate will have an extensive background in user research techniques and the design and optimization of B2B information services and software applications. This role will report directly to the SVP of Strategic Services and Innovation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Own the global User Research and User Experience vision and philosophy for the company's products.
- Develop, implement and oversee best practices, process, tools, and supporting materials that enable our vertical industry-focused Product teams to plan and execute rigorous client discovery for new product development and existing product enhancement efforts.
- Directly execute client discovery process for selected strategic initiatives, including leading various user research, usability, and feature studies and workshops.
- Work with Product teams to articulate tangible value delivered to users and improvements to overall user experience both online and offline.
- Champion human-centered design approaches and build a framework for user discovery and intuitive data presentation and UI design standards.
- Work in partnership with Product Management and Engineering to develop experiences (including workflows, wireframes, comps, etc.) that support all user facing features.
- Lead interaction design projects and manage designers for our products.
- Develop and maintain a style guide (including layout, navigation, color, typography, page templates, etc.) consistent with UI tools.
- Recruit, develop and lead new design team members and/or external service providers as needed over time to support the above.
- 15+ years of relevant UX experience designing B2B (and/or relevant B2C) applications.
- 7+ years of leadership experience including leading interaction design, web design teams, and ownership of UX for one or more B2B applications.
- Experienced with leading a variety of user research techniques including usability testing, customer interviews, surveys, card sorting, contextual inquiry, ethnographic methods, website analytics, and design workshopping.
- Ability to create user personas and experience maps through detailed understanding of user pains, gains, jobs to be done and user journey mapping.
- Expertise in methodologies such as design thinking and human-centered design.
- Demonstrated ability to empathize with end-users and understand how their needs impact key decisions.
- Ability to identify and implement user research tools that can enable larger product teams.
- Graphic and UI design experience and experience defining user guides and design standards.
- Demonstrated focus on metrics, fact-based decision making and continuous improvement.
- Global awareness and effectiveness; ability and flexibility to work with colleagues across world regions and multiple time zones.
- A track record of building lasting long-term relationships and gaining stakeholder alignment across a complex organization.
- Razor-sharp communication skills including storytelling, writing and presentation.
- Strong work ethic with an inherent sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Agile mindset, comfortable operating in an evolving environment.
- Ability to work independently and with little direct supervision or oversight (including remote work).
- Bachelor's degree in an applicable field.