A small but highly regarded technology firm near Reading are currently seeking a Senior Azure Platform Engineer with a wide range of IT Infrastructure experience to join their company as they look to begin a series of internal and external projects on migrating to Azure.
You'll be a seasoned Infrastructure Engineer, with in-depth experience of Networking and Virtualisation technologies, as well as areas such as setting up and troubleshooting of VPN's. Ideally, you'll have gained this in a MSP environment. You'll also have experience of migrating to and managing Azure Infrastructure, having moved from technologies such as Hyper-V or VMWare.
You'll be working on a range of duties ranging from offering expertise and escalation point on Networking issues, internal infrastructure management and client-facing project work. Client-facing work will involve designing plans to migrate workloads to Azure as well as troubleshooting issues other team members need assistance on. You'll also be leading internal projects to move from their own private Datacenter using HyperV technologies onto an Azure public cloud platform.
This is a Permanent role only. This role is currently remote, but offices are expected to re-open in the new year, and ideally candidates would be willing and able to commute there 1-2 days per week (Wokingham). The office is served by both car parking and rail.
Role & Responsibilities
- Internal Infrastructure Management/Support
- External Infrastructure troubleshooting where requested
- Project-related Azure Migration work
- Escalation point for team
Skills & Qualifications
- Expertise in Networking, both in setting up and troubleshooting complex issues
- Experience in managing and troubleshooting VMWare/Hyper-v infrastructure as well as Azure
- Experience in migrating Infrastructure to MS Azure (IaaS)
- Excellent people skills!
- Up to £65,000 starting salary DOE
- Up to 10% annual bonus
- Excellent internal training/development from both internal and external sources
To apply for this role, please send an up to date CV to email@example.com or call 0191 338 7552 for a confidential chat.
Nigel Frank are the go-to recruiter for Power BI and Azure Data Platform roles in the UK offering more opportunities across the country than any other. We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.
Twitter = @NigelFrank_BI
LinkedIn = https://www.linkedin.com/in/owen-mitchell-b84984b2/