You will work as a Microsoft Modern Workplace Solutions Specialist, Digital Platform Services for a company that develops digital strategies and technology solutions to optimize your customer experiences, operations, and workforce productivity.
The Microsoft Modern Workplace Solutions Specialist is responsible for designing, creating, and supporting the Microsoft relationship used in our managed services operation. The specialist will be focused on designing the workplace solutions, maintaining and improving the security posture of environments, continuous monitoring of system health, and troubleshooting issues that arise. The specialist will also work as a lead engineer when migrating or onboarding new clients into Microsoft services that have a more highly technical demand. As part of the position, the specialist will record information relayed from the customer and the troubleshooting steps performed along with their corresponding results accurately in the case management system. Manage personal queue of open tickets and continually follow up to ensure timely incident resolution and customer satisfaction. Proactively identify and take steps to resolve or eliminate recurring incident types. Participate in process improvement and knowledge documentation activity to positively impact customer satisfaction and increase operating effectiveness and efficiency.
Your responsibilities will include:
- High degree of competency in Microsoft 365 services with a focus on Teams and Enterprise solutions
- Creation of highly performing environments to achieve excellent customer experiences
- Deliver customer business transformation and success through accelerated adoption and usage resulting in customer references
- Ability to deliver well-crafted bill of materials and statements of work on client projects and design builds in the Microsoft Solutions stack
- Able to adapt with the quickly evolving Microsoft Cloud
- Work in tandem with management on making key decisions on how to manage and roll out Microsoft Solutions
- Identify customer business requirements and translate them into design concepts to show the business value of Microsoft Modern Workplace and parallel technologies, including TCO and ROI evaluations
- Understanding of basic networking concepts and integration to LAN/WAN technologies
- Responsible for the management and upkeep of Microsoft Modern Workplace systems for delivery of services
- Maintain strong knowledge of Microsoft Cloud solutions and lead design relative to implementing technologies that comprise Workplace services and solutions.
- Gather requirements, design, and deploy solutions to meet business needs.
- Design onboarding and migration projects as a technical lead
- Integrate Microsoft Modern Workplace components into client's hybrid and SaaS business processes and systems
- Occasional update and management of scripts
- Management and responsibility of ancillary systems such as email security, backups, and security
- Assist in regulatory audit (PCI, HIPAA, etc.) remediation and design
- Respond to support queues promptly and document incidents accurately and simultaneously in to the case management system.
- Monitor and enforce system security guidelines for clients, in particular where they involve Microsoft resources
- Provide exceptional customer service to all clients.
- Proactively support and maintain effective user relationships by educating clients on system capabilities, including adoption services.
- Utilize existing knowledge bases to research, resolve, and respond to incidents and requests received via phone and e-mail in a timely manner, in accordance with incident management standards.
- Provide accurate troubleshooting and creative solutions to user problems of basic to moderately complex nature to ensure customer productivity.
- Manage the incident resolution process for all open incidents by following up with assigned support personnel and/or the affected user to ensure timely incident resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of relevant Microsoft services and support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Assist to develop internal documentation and procedures related to specific customer environments.
- Participate as a level 2 escalation point in conjunction with the Operations Manager and Solutions Delivery Manager in after-hours (24×7) support on-call rotation
To be a good fit, you should have the following experience:
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- Strong working knowledge Microsoft 365, including, but not limited to, Teams, Enterprises Mobility and Security Suite, and Azure Active Directory
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Security Solutions
- Strong working knowledge of general networking concepts
- Deep understanding of email systems, their configuration, and troubleshooting of various components, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Exchange, mail delivery, SMTP, POP3/IMAP, messaging queues, anti-spam solutions, and email security
- Experienced with Windows Server Operating Systems
- Extensive experience in migrating clients and services into the Microsoft Cloud
- Customer focused
- Understanding of IT processes and procedures concepts
- Excellent troubleshooting capabilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work within an on-call rotation as well as nights and weekends
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to details
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to grow and learn new technologies
Position is typically Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm Eastern. Work time must be flexible for occasional outside normal business hours work based on client demand or need. Remote workplace is available for candidates, outside of occasional job requirements needed to be onsite or client locations.
TBD depending on experience, incentive potential of up to $41,800 / year, and full time benefit package including fifteen (15) days of PTO from start of employment
Incentives are based on the following three key focus areas:
- Closed Sales Opportunities - A significant portion of this position will require a technical pre-sales component where the candidate will work in conjunction with sales representatives as part of discussing, designing, and presenting various solutions to clients. A portion of these opportunities are paid out to the candidate on closed and won opportunities. This is estimated to be $34,800 per year achieving a $1.2m sales budget. (Calculated based on a $1.2m sales budget, and a mix of 60% new sales to existing clients and 40% sales to net new clients). Existing clients pay a 2.5% return on annualized gross sales and new label clients pay a 3.5% return on annualized gross sales. There is no cap on sales incentives
- Professional Services - Department utilization and attainment to our annual budget. This is estimated to be $1,000-3,000 per year (varies on attainment of the department for professional services activities)