Controller - Raleigh, NC
A growing company is looking for a Controller to oversee all monthly and yearly reporting, as well as oversee inventory and ERP implementations. You will report directly to the CFO and help with various projects and tasks as they come up. This position encompasses more than just the typical Controller duties because this is a brand new role being created due to the growth of the company.
- Monitor the day to day financial performance of the company, including financial analysis, accounts payable, accounts receivables, general ledger analysis and financial reporting in compliance with GAAP.
- Assist with month end and year end close and prepare financial statements and detailed reporting package.
- Oversee regular occurring physical inventories and assist with ERP system implementation.
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting and analysis and special projects as required.
- Serve as a strong leader and mentor for the accounting department including supervision, training and continued development.
- Maintain effective systems and controls.
- 5-7 years accounting experience ideally, with your initial training at an accounting firm, then progressing into an accounting department for a privately held entrepreneurial organization.
- Manufacturing experience and familiarity with inventory is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- Enjoys being hand-on and willing to be in the details with a strong desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Highly analytical, strong written and verbal communication, resourceful, and one who takes the initiative and is confident in one's work and abilities.
- Experience with Microsoft NAV or other similar accounting software system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you have the corporate experience, but also have the entrepreneurial mindset to take on new challenges, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (972) 805-8409.