Industry renowned market leader for providing data insight through bespoke SaaS applications within construction, agriculture and conveying industries are recruiting for a Senior Security Operations Analyst.
Using a combination of AI, machine learning and application development - The data, backed by technology innovation and drive make this company the first to take these industries through a period of digitial transformation.
As a Senior Security Operations analyst you will;
- Perform in depth level of analysis for data acquired, produce actionable insight
- Work with existing teams and enterprise systems (e.g. Service Desk) and procedures to quickly assess and process the most appropriate next action when faced with various pieces of data and information.
- Determine the severity of alerts and security vulnerabilities, assess potential impacts, recommend next steps, follow through with risk treatment and mitigation.
- Escalate issues, appropriately, to various teams and levels of authority inside the organisation.
- Act as the first Point of Contact (POC) for all security events, anomalies, incidents and investigations
- If present and applicable, perform duties according to agreed SLA/OLA's.
- Follow up with the appropriate teams (e.g. IT, Engineering, Product, etc) for action implementation, verification and closure (e.g. the application of a patch, or of an additional control, when faced with a security vulnerability), as per the agreed Policy and Processes.
- Experience securing and monitoring On-premise and Cloud based, as well as SaaS / hybrid, environments (applications, infrastructure, operations, processes, etc).
- Expertise in taking policy statements and translating them into actual, implementable, security controls that can be monitored, audited and constantly improved. Ability to judge their effectiveness and recommend improvements.
- Good understanding and demonstrable hands on experience with operating systems and tools (Linux/Unix preferred) and fundamental Internet technologies (routing, switching, DNS, etc), in an enterprise or service provider environment.
- Scripting and automation: Good ability to read and understand logs and alerts, to use specialist tools and programming / scripting languages (Python, Shell, PowerShell, etc), to automate tasks.
- Good, practical, knowledge of information security and cyber risk management technologies, tools, applications and systems, for both Cloud (preferred) and On-Premise.
- Understanding of common information security management standards, frameworks, and laws / regulations: e.g. CIS Top20, ISO/IEC 27001, NIST 800-53, BSIMM, etc; GDPR, etc.
- Experience of open source security tools and how they could be used in an enterprise.
To be considered for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0191 338 6652