Azure Data Engineer - REMOTE - UK client
I am currently working with a fantastic company that is in need of 10 experienced Azure Data Engineers to assist with their Azure project load. This opportunity has the potential to become a long term contract placement, in addition to this, the role will be entirely remote (must be based in the EU).
- Working in an agile environment
- Participate in daily stand-ups, articulating the stories worked upon, blocking issues, and their status.
- Participate in sprint planning, estimating stories, providing proposed solutions, and identifying stories that are not ready for planning
- Developing solutions and unit tests from requirement and acceptance criteria
- Working with cloud services
- Good working knowledge of Azure data services e.g.: Azure SQL Database options, Azure Cosmos DB, Data Lake, Azure Storage, Data Factory, Databricks.
- Good working knowledge of Azure Key Vault, Azure Functions, Logic Apps, Power BI
- Ability to debug issues with development or PR environment, and understand if the environment is representative of the production infrastructure.
Languages and tooling
- Proficient (over a year's experience) with both Python (in a Spark environment) and SQL
- Experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell or bash
- Knowledge of using debugging tools, profilers, and linters.
- Understanding of Test Driven Development
- Able to work with Business Analysts to ensure stories are implementable and have workable acceptance criteria
- Able to discuss problem solutions in a reasoned and dispassionate way
- Able to implement business requirements as software components with accompanying unit tests and integration tests as required.
- Good knowledge of Azure DevOps Pipelines is ideal but knowledge of any other Enterprise product/tool for CI/CD is also considered, e.g.: Terraform, Jenkins, etc.
- Able to manage branching and pull requests and engage in peer code reviews.
- Ability to modify CI/CD pipelines as required, without adversely impacting the work of colleagues.
- Knowledge of delivering solutions in the Databricks/Spark environment - architecture, execution, and debugging.
Contract: 6 Months - could extend.
Rate: €300 per day.
Project Language: English.
Other: EU Citizenship required.
To discuss our exciting Azure opportunities in more detail, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Matthew Nevin on 0203 826 6712 in complete confidence ASAP.
My client is happy to consider all Azure professionals with EU citizenship.
Nigel Frank International is the leading Microsoft and Cloud recruitment firm in the UK, advertising more Azure jobs than any other agency. We work with both Azure Partners & End Users throughout the UK and Europe and we have never had more live requirements for Azure professionals. Solely by specialising in placing candidates in the Azure market, relationships have been built with the majority of key employers in the UK, and therefore we have an unrivaled understanding of where the best opportunities and Azure jobs are currently.
I appreciate the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure candidates that are considering a new career or job. For additional information on the Azure market and some of the opportunities that are available, I can be contacted on or 0203 826 6712 by email at email@example.com
I can also offer £250 in high street / online vouchers of your choice for successful referrals to this contract
#Azure #DevOps #Engineer #Data #Databricks #Spark #SQL #UnitedKingdom #UK #Remote #Europe #Cloud #Maintenance #Support #Microsoft #Consultant #SolutionArchitect #Freelance #Contact #Contractor #SalarySurvey #NigelFrank #NFI