Senior SQL Database Administrator and Engineer (Northern Ireland)
This financial services client is well established with an industry renowned reputation for excellence within payment services.
You will be responsible for the design, planning and implementation of a newly signed of project to improve Data Warehousing practices across multiple sites.
What they are offering is a senior role for an experienced database engineer who is looking for their next challenge. The successful candidate must have demonstrable drive and ambition, as well as creative thinking.
- Designing and developing SQL queries, schemas and stored procedures.
- Working closely with the engineering teams on the physical database design.
- Analysing SQL query plans to understand potential performance problems and then taking the appropriate action to solve said problem.
- Building HA and DR systems across geo-diverse data centres.
- Reviewing hands-on design as well coding reviews.
- 5+ years of SQL/ Architecture with demonstrable expertise with SQL 2012+
- Experience must be related to Data warehouse and BI.
- Able to automate database related processes and alerts.
- Have some experience with encryption and security.
- SQL Server Multi-site cluster is beneficial.
- Up to 75k salary per annum (experience dependent).
- £500 bonus to set up home equipment.
- Very flexible with remote working.
- Company will cover working at home costs (internet, telephone).
- Excellent career progression (route to director level/share option.
The client is very keen for someone who has high career expectations as well as demonstrable soft-skills to go alongside the technical expertise. If you consider yourself someone who has the drive and the ability to rise to a new challenge then get in contact via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me direct on 0191 300 5006.