System Engineer- Remote Opportunity- Long Term Contract to Hire- $45/hour
Our client, a global reinsurance company is looking to grow their cloud team! They are looking for candidates with demonstrated experience in Cloud operations (Azure/ AWS) with an emphasis on deploying Infrastructure as Code is highly desirable.
You will collaborate with Group IT colleagues to deliver Cloud, hosted Data Center (DC) solutions and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) services to the business. Ensures IT leverages best practices, knowledge of business processes and Cloud hosted offerings to improve delivery of IT services to our business units. Works independently to support Group and local IT initiatives, but relies on guidance from managers and other more experienced engineers.
What You Will be Doing:
Rapidly masters new Cloud, Microsoft 365 and Exchange Online solutions that reduce IT spending, but improve system performance. Displays understanding of the value of redefining DC Infrastructure as Code (IaC). Acts as a resource to facilitate virtual server deployments. Leverages automation whenever possible. Regularly troubleshoots Cloud and HPC /Modelling services for the business. Acts as a Service Desk escalation point for resolving Cloud and hosted server issues as required.
Administers Citrix based VDI environment that satisfies local and Group business requirements. Acts as a Group IT resource to provide global IT services to all of Hannover Re. Collaborates with less experienced team members in order to solve VDI issues for the business.
Develops and maintains high level knowledge of Microsoft 365 and Exchange Online service offerings. Supports group IT operational transition from legacy desk top frame work to cloud hosted services. Maximizes the use of existing IT solutions.
Collaborates with Group IT to secure our compute, data stores. Facilitates patching to ensure the protection of our business assets. Continuously leverages automation to improve response times against threats to our data assets.
Shares knowledge and experience with Service Desk team to resolve Cloud and hosted DC operational incidents in a timely manner. Focuses more on resolving Group IT incidents. Works to build consensus when interacting with local and group engineering resources.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent combination of theoretical knowledge and experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in related field
- Knowledge of Cloud based service administration, including associate level certifications in Azure, AWS or Google (or working to achieve).
- Microsoft MCP certification (or working to achieve)
- Vmware and MCSE level certifications in Virtualization, Windows Server, design and security (or working to achieve)
- Intermediate level experience in the following Core Technologies:
- Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Exchange Online
- Citrix VDI
- Active Directory
- Windows Server 2016 and above
- Vmware 6.x Administration
- Patch Management (Chef, Jenkins, SCCM)
- Scripting (e.g. PowerShell)
- Ability to work/troubleshoot independently but also recognizes when to seek guidance on a challenging issue or elevate an issue.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to build rapport and achieve consensus within the Global IT organization.
- Good time management; ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
If you feel you are a good fit reach out to Paige Geib with a resume at email@example.com
*Visa sponsorship cannot be provided at this time