Solutions Architect-Data-- Remote-- $120/hr
You will work within the international IT team for a global re-insurer. The company works to assume risks from other insurers and works with them to develop innovative products.
You will work remotely as a Solutions Architect with a rate of $120/hour and with a focus on data analytics in a contract position. You will work to provide recommendations and solutions that support the data analytics goals of the company by working in a team of business colleagues to identify, document and translate data analytics requirements into solutions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing services that enable business colleagues to achieve their business goals
- Utilizing a combination of practical data analysis experience and deep knowledge of the tools, technologies, platforms, patterns
- Supporting data analytics to design and effectively communicate systems solutions
- Leading and participating in the implementation of data analytics solutions
- Contributing a solid understanding of the organization's data analytic needs to key Enterprise Architecture activities such as future state definition, roadmap planning, capability mapping, etc.
To be a good fit for this role you should have the following experience:
- Minimum 5 years recent work experience architecting and implementing data analytics systems solutions using current programming languages, software packages and computing paradigms
- Recent work experience should include cloud-based solutions design and implementation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar from an accredited college or university
- Proficient user skills (level C2)of English
- High proficiency with the R programming language, RStudio development environment and related packages
- Data Transformation experience transforming / wrangling data using sql, data.table or pipeline based data transformation platforms
- Solid understanding of ETL / ELT concepts
- Experience in statistical modelling, machine learning, predictive analytics or data mining practice / techniques, like GLM / Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Data Visualization/ BI experience with data visualization software such as Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, Excel, etc.
- Experience with Agile and DevOps processes and the use of current software tools to implement them
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving ability
- Excellent documentation skills - ability to clearly document user stories, data flow requirements and desired analytic output using text, diagrams, proof of concept models, pseudocode, etc.
- Additional programming language / software development experience (Python, c++, java, etc.)
- Experience with Spark computing and the databricks platform
- Data Lake / Data Catalog experience
- Data Science / Data Analysis Certification
- Experience building / publishing interactive analytic content (shiny apps, etc.)
- Experience with Data Governance concepts and supporting tools
- Cloud Solutions Architect Certification (Azure, AWS)
- Experience with unstructured data / NoSQL databases
- Understanding of life insurance / reinsurance actuarial modelling concepts, processes and associated data
If interested in this position please submit your resume to email@example.com or call me at (704) 247- 5570.
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft Dynamics and Azure, advertising more Azure jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in Azure market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and Azure jobs are.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed. For information on the Azure market and some of the opportunities and Azure jobs that are available I can be contacted on (704) 247-5570. Please see www.nigelfrank.com
Microsoft Recruitment | Microsoft Careers & Jobs | Nigel Frank
Head Office Contacts. USA: Frank Recruitment Group Inc, 21st Floor, 110 William Street, New York City, New York, USA, NY 10038 | Tel: +1 212-731-8242 UK: Nigel Frank International, The St. Nicholas Building, St. Nicholas Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 1RF | Tel: +44 191 230 1883 Singapore: Frank Recruitment Group Private Ltd, 15th Floor, Royal One Philip, 1 Philip Street, Singapore, 048692 ...
for more fantastic Azure opportunities!
Nigel Frank International Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.