Azure Data Engineer - Permanent - Remote - $175,000
I am currently looking to fill in an Azure Data Engineer role to work fully remote with the exception of meeting on Tuesdays in the Atlanta office. The travel for this role is between 25-30% usually. But 50% for this current project to New York for 3 days every other week.
This industry is a world-leader in software development, Azure cloud platform and services, and IT training. Their mission is to help customers "build better software, faster," and their staff includes a roster of Microsoft MVPs and other industry-leading subject matter experts and influencers.
This role supports an individual with an interest and passion in designing and implementing data management, querying, and storage, with a particular focus on Big Data solutions and large-scale processing. The qualified candidate will have experience with database systems, Azure cloud storage, and significant exposure to or experience with modern big data processing tools (such as Spark, Hadoop, and Databricks). Candidates will be expected to be able to design and implement data solutions that use the following Azure services: Azure Cosmos DB, Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Data Factory, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Databricks, and Azure Blob storage. This is a Senior to Expert level role with corresponding skill level in Azure Data Engineering. Individuals in this role will be expected to be able to obtain a status of "Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate" and should be capable of passing the DP-200 and DP-201 Microsoft certification exams.
- Present audience-appropriate explanations of data engineering practices to technical teams
- Work hands-on to create proofs-of-concept to demonstrate ideas and concepts that may be foreign to customers or prospects
- Build environments for storing raw data, utilizing Azure Data Lake Storage
- Implement data warehouses and analysis services as part of a modern data warehouse (MDW) design
- Utilize tools such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Functions, and Azure Stream Analytics to perform data orchestration and transformation
- Travel will be required (25% - 50%)
- Expert experience with SQL
- Expert experience with organizing and using Azure Data Lake Storage
- Expert experience with Azure SQL Data Warehouse and Azure SQL Server offerings.
- Significant experience with utilizing Azure Analysis Services
- Experience setting up and using Azure Data Factory v2
- Experience with CosmosDB
- Experience with Azure Databricks (or Spark) is highly desirable, and a basic understanding of Databricks and Spark is required
- Experience with other NoSQL storage, document databases, and graph databases is a plus
- Experience with Spark SQL or Hive SQL is a plus
- Experience with Azure Stream Analytics is a plus
- Experience with Azure Functions, Service Bus, and Event Hubs is a plus
- 5+ years hands-on development experience with SQL Server and SQL Data Warehouse
- 3+ years of hands-on Azure experience
- Extensive T-SQL experience on SQL Server
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft Dynamics and Azure, advertising more Azure jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in Azure market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and Azure jobs are. I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed. For information on the Azure market and some of the opportunities and Azure jobs that are available I can be contacted at email@example.com. Please see www.nigelfrank.com
Microsoft Recruitment | Microsoft Careers & Jobs | Nigel Frank
Head Office Contacts. USA: Frank Recruitment Group Inc, 21st Floor, 110 William Street, New York City, New York, USA, NY 10038 | Tel: +1 212-731-8242 UK: Nigel Frank International, The St. Nicholas Building, St. Nicholas Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 1RF | Tel: +44 191 230 1883 Singapore: Frank Recruitment Group Private Ltd, 15th Floor, Royal One Philip, 1 Philip Street, Singapore, 048692 ...