My client is looking for a passionate, energetic Platform/DevOps Engineers to work as part of an agile team to help clients build and continuously improve digital services using the best of open source software. They are looking for Engineers that aren't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck-in. You should learn quickly and love a challenge.
- You'll undertake cross-functional engineering projects, working in small teams with other engineers in different knowledge spheres, building supportable, sustainable and reliable services
- You'll work with great engineers - at the end of the day it's all about people.
- You'll work with great technology -
- You'll help them achieve their vision - the chance to make a real difference at the heart of the digital transformation within the UK.
- You'll get opportunities to develop and progress - working on large scale, technically challenging projects. You will be constantly learning through modern learning environments such as Linux Academy, A Cloud Guru
They are looking for Platform/DevOps Engineers with an appetite to extend their knowledge and apply new skills rapidly on challenging projects. You'll bring a broad range of experience in modern open source stacks, so don't worry if you haven't got strong experience in every skill listed below. If you can demonstrate a good selection of these skills, and a passion for developing exciting new technical skills, then we'd really like to talk to you.
Things they look;
- Appetite for learning new technologies
- Experience debugging complex, multi-server service in a high availability production environment.
- Good communication skills both in written and verbal format with the ability to convey complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Extremely sound knowledge of GNU/Linux.
- Experience of building infrastructure in AWS using Terraform
- AWS certification (SysOps/Developer/Architect) - preferred but not essential
- Knowledge and experience of setting up and using configuration management tooling - Puppet preferred.
- Reasonable fluency in at least one of: Ruby, Go, Python