Senior Solutions Designer | Cheshire | Global Bank
I am keen to speak to an experienced Solution Designer with a background in End-to-End Architecture, specifically focused around Software Architecture (Java), Mobile Architecture (iOS, Android) or Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure).
You are probably sitting there thinking 'Solution Designer, is this just a snazzy term for Architect?' - well the answer is yes, sort of.
This role will essentially encompass the design and development of numerous enterprise-scale payment solutions for a Global Bank and your role will cover a wide range of responsibilities including ad-hoc technical consultancy, stakeholder management and core system design.
This is admittedly a niche role, but a role with a load of excellent benefits including getting involved in some state-of-the-art greenfield projects, working on highly visible multi-million pound technical strategy and the chance to progress into either core Enterprise Architecture or line management in the future. Moreover, you will be working as part of a newly created Agile team (well their own interpretation of Agile anyway), ensuring solutions are delivered within pre-agreed timescales that fit their architectural/security standards.
Your role will be multi-faceted and some of the key things they are looking for you to demonstrate include some (if not all) of the following:
- Stakeholder Management - You should have extensive experience working with stakeholders (both technical and non-technical) and strong communication skills are therefore absolutely crucial.
- End-to-End Software Architecture - As previously mentioned, this isn't a 'Solution Architect' role per say, but you will need to have an excellent understanding of End-to-End Design and IT Architecture, focusing on App Development/Software Engineering rather than infrastructure. Demonstrateable skills with a variety of Architectural principles (SOA, Microservices, N-Tier) is therefore crucial.
- Technology Background - From a technical standpoint, you should be well versed in either Software Engineering (Java, Spring, Hibernate, Docker, Jenkins, React), Mobile Architecture (iOS, Android, XCode, Swift, Objective C) or Cloud Architecture (AWS, Azure).
- Project Delivery - You need to have an understanding of delivery, the full delivery lifecycle and any delivery methodologies (i.e. PRINCE2, Waterfall, Agile etc.).
In return, you will benefit from the following:
- Competitive base salary between £50,000 - £65,000 per annum.
- Non-contributory pension (employer contributes 10%).
- Discretionary annual bonus paid annually (10-20% est.).
- Life assurance and private medical cover.
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus public holidays.
- Flexible working hours.
- Remote working opportunities. This role will be fully remote during the on-going COVID-19 pandemic and will then include 2/3 days' remote working per week.
So if you'd like to be considered for this position and have demonstrated some of the following on your CV then apply now to avoid missing out on shortlisting. To do so, please use the following...
- LinkedIn - 'Liam Haghighat'
- Office - 0191 338 7540
- Email - email@example.com
Anything discussed will remain completely confidential and fully compliant with GDPR.