The Senior Network/Systems Administrator installs, configures and maintains the entire network's operating environment. Responsible for daily administration of a wide area network and server system. Plan and implement upgrades, patches, and installation of new applications and new hardware. Responsible for monitoring performance, troubleshooting complex issues, and deploying solutions. Responsible for data integrity and data security. Will execute the backup and restore plan in conjunction with the organization's disaster recovery strategy. Will conduct evaluation of new technologies to optimize network and server's efficiency and performance. Network/Systems Administrator III is a specialist on complex technical and business matters. Will perform a team lead role
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage Client's virtual server environment (VMWare and Hyper-V)
- Monitor server, storage, and application health; make necessary adjustments to ensure server/networking environment is operating efficiently
- Manage servers, applications, and other internally hosted systems
- Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, Skype for Business UC, SQL, DNS, DHCP, ClearPass, etc.
- Install and configure new and existing hardware e.g. servers, SAN, switches, AP's, etc.
- Install and configure new and existing applications and systems
- Project management; lead projects, work as part of a project team member when applicable
- Segment network VLANs as required for security and performance
- Assist department's Director setting enterprise strategy based on new technology including data migration, data management, cloud migration, remote access, etc.
- Coordinate with TSD team and vendors on hardware lifecycle ensuring lifecycle standards are met with appropriate budget recommendations and timelines
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Possess business acumen enabling the delivery of technology in line with the organization's goals and initiatives
- Preferred certifications include: CompTIA Network+, MCSA or MCSE, VCP, ACSA or ACSP, ACCA
- Preferred 4-year degree
- Minimum 5 years' related experience