Azure Network/Infrastructure Engineer - Chattanooga, TN- Fulltime
The Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for serving as the SME across all Network and Network Security technologies, with a particular focus on security and automation. The successful applicant will have good business acumen, ensuring that prescribed solutions are appropriate for the situation and seamlessly accommodate existing and proposed business processes and requirements.
Role & Responsibilities
- What You Will Do
- Lead the design of solutions leveraging existing and emerging networking technologies from Cisco, Fortinet, HP and others
- In a Microsoft Azure cloud environment, plans, evaluates, coordinates, tests, installs and successfully implements new and existing hardware and software across physical media, protocol stacks, switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection devices, and other network components.
- Performs problem isolation and resolution of network problems through troubleshooting and devising effective solutions Installs patches and maintains accurate records of network changes and patch/update levels
- Performs network management functions such as network monitoring, maintenance, IA, performance measurement and reporting
- Performs updates to network devices including firewalls, NIDS, switches, routers and crypto devices
- Acts as escalation point for any customer service concern or need that cannot be immediately resolve by the Service Desk.
- Maintains technical expertise in all relevant areas of network technologies including hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Proposes solutions to management that meet communication requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings
- Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions, network policies, and procedures Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems.
- What You Will Bringhave a deep understanding of Cloud, Security, Routing and Wireless Technologies
- Demonstrated proficiency with scripting, with an emphasis on programmatic instantiation and configuration management of cloud-based environments.
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- 6+ years of directly relevant experience with industry network products
- 5+ years of direct, hands-on experience deploying and configuring within cloud instances
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure cloud technologies or similar cloud technologies
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations
- Technical understanding of cybersecurity attack techniques and associated mitigation techniques for networks
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR Computer Systems Engineering. Related work experience and certifications may be substituted for general degree level education.
- Must have green card or be a US Citizen
If you feel you are a good fit for this role, email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mariel directly: 704-247-5556 (ext 5556)
Nigel Frank is a leader in Niche IT Recruitment with a focus on Microsoft Cloud technologies. We deal with Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. We have open positions and relationships with some of the top partners and end users throughout the US and offer some excellent opportunities in the Azure space.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure candidates considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance.
Please see www.nigelfrank.com for more information.