Data Engineering Development Manager - London - £75-85k
An expanding marketing organisation are looking to recruit an experienced Data Engineering Development Manager to join their head office team based in Central London.
In this position you will lead a team of 10 talented Data Engineers to provide data and BI solutions for a variety of clients. You will combine your data engineering experience with your leadership skills to ensure that the team designs, develops and implements high quality data solutions. You will work closely with other teams and clients to closely manage projects throughout the entire development life-cycle and ensure you effectively communicate with stakeholders. You will also be responsible for explaining and presenting your teams analyses and recommendations to clients and stakeholders.
This role reports in to the Technology Director and is a senior technical role within the organisation. You will drive project deliver, coach data engineers, and assist in the evolution of role descriptions, competency maps and development pathways. You will ensure collaborative, agile working practices and alignment with core company values throughout the data focused teams.
Your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the delivery of high-quality and accurate technical solutions which address business requirements.
- Lead a team of talented engineers from a variety of technical backgrounds through coaching, mentoring and career development.
- Ensure that company values are upheld and help grow a collaborative engineering culture.
- Lead on advancing modern, agile software development practices.
- Work closely with stakeholders to manage and communicate project dependencies and risks.
- Manage mature release and software development processes which drive continual improvement throughout the team.
- Plan and prioritise work effectively by communicating with stakeholders and cross functional teams.
- Promote and embed agile and mature devops practices between development and technical teams.
To be a good fit for this role you should have a strong data engineering background with leadership experience. You should exhibit excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and have the following experience:
- Strong stakeholder management experience.
- Proven experience as a Development Manager or Technical Lead.
- Hands-on experience with Data Warehousing and using MS BI technologies.
- Strong hands-on experience designing, developing and delivering BI and Data solutions using the MS BI Stack.
- Talent management and leadership experience.
- Strong understanding of agile and devops approaches, processes and tools.
- Experience with JIRA.
- Project management experience.
- Experience tailoring communications for a variety of audiences including stakeholders, engineers, and senior management.
If this looks like the next step in your career then apply today! Submit your CV or contact David Airey on 0191 338 7508 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.