Data Analytics Architect- Contract to Hire- Remote- $70/hr
Our client, a global reinsurance company is looking to grow their data team! They are looking for someone to be a trusted partner of their actuaries, data scientists and data analysts. Leveraging personal experience, education and training you will provide credible recommendations and solutions that support the data analytics goals of the organization.
As a Solution Architect Analytics, you work with our customers to identify, document and translate their business strategy and requirements into solutions and services that enable them to achieve their business goals using AI and Analytics.
The most important thing in this role is that you are an expert in choosing the optimal architecture and delivery approach to help them further.
Ideally, we would like someone with an actuarial background or mindset that has decided to go the more data/IT route.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar from an accredited college/university
- Minimum 5 years recent work experience architecting and implementing data analytics systems solutions using current programming languages, software packages and computing paradigms. Recent work experience includes cloud-based solutions design and implementation.
- High proficiency with the R programming language, RStudio development environment and related packages
- Data Transformation - experience transforming / wrangling data using sql, data.table or pipeline based data transformation platforms. Solid understanding of ETL / ELT concepts.
- Experience in statistical modelling, machine learning, predictive analytics, or data mining practice/techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Data Visualization / BI - experience with data visualization software such as Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, Excel, etc
- Experience with Agile and DevOps processes and the use of current software tools to implement them
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and interpersonal)
- Collaboration and relationship management skills; strong team player
- Excellent documentation skills - ability to clearly document user stories, data flow requirements and desired analytic output using text, diagrams, proof of concept models, pseudocode, etc.
If you feel you are a good fit reach out to Paige Geib with a resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Visa sponsorship cannot be provided at this time