I am engaged with a Global Bank who are looking to add an experienced Cloud Solutions Architect to be based out of their new office in Manchester.
The role is newly released, part of a post-COVID recruitment drive within the organisation and represents an extremely strategic hire for them due to the level of seniority and the business unit the role will operate in. The business area is undergoing a huge period of technology change, with an overriding focus on Cloud technologies and Digital transformation, so you should be able to (ideally) bring experience with one (or both) to the table.
Working as part of a team split between multiple locations, you will be expected to liaise with multiple stakeholders (both technical and non-technical), working as something of an 'Internal Consultant' due to the wide array of business units you will be working with. Moreover, this role offers excellent career progression with the long-term aim of the role moving into a 'Head of Architecture' position.
In terms of some of the key requirements, rather than copy and pasting the JD, I wanted to highlight the following:
- Cloud Technologies - First and foremost, you must demonstrate proven commercial experience working with Cloud-based technologies, including the architecture of E2E Cloud solutions. The preference would be Amazon Web Services (AWS) but candidates with experience of either Azure or Google Cloud will also be considered.
- Stakeholder Management - Due to the strategic element within this role, you must have experience working with senior stakeholders (up to c-level).
- Architecture Patterns - You should have experience working with modern architecture patterns including Domain-Driven Design, Microservices, APIs, Service Mesh and Event-Streaming.
- Leadership - Whilst this isn't a managerial role, due to the level of seniority (VP-level), candidates with strong leadership skills and experience demonstrating leadership behaviours will be highly coveted.
- Methods & Processes - Finally, should come from a background incorporating modern software engineering and delivery practices, so experience of the following would be ideal: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, XP, DevOps, CI/CD etc.
In return, you will benefit from the following:
- Base salary ranging from £75,000 - £85,000.
- Position at VP-level (Vice President) within the bank.
- Annual discretionary bonus, usually ranging from 10-20%.
- Company pension at 10%.
- Private healthcare cover.
- Flexible working and remote working.
So if you like the sound of the above and your CV has some of the aforementioned key skills then why not apply? To do so, please contact me via the following methods:
- Contact Number: 0191 338 7540
- Email: email@example.com
- LinkedIn: 'Liam Haghighat'
Anything discussed will remain confidential. Moreover, due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, all interviews and on-boarding will be executed remotely.