Software Engineering Lead (VP) | North West | Manager | £70,000 - £85,000
I am engaged with a Global Bank in the Cheshire area who are looking to add an experienced Software Engineering Lead, ideally with a mix of hands on development and line management experience.
The role is newly released, part of a post-COVID recruitment drive within the organisation and represents an extremely strategic hire for them due to the level of seniority and the business unit the role will operate in. The business area is undergoing a huge period of technology change, with an overriding focus on Cloud technologies and Digital transformation, so you should be able to (ideally) bring experience with one (or both) to the table.
Working as part of a team split between multiple locations, you will be expected to liaise with multiple stakeholders (both technical and non-technical), working as something of an 'Internal Consultant' due to the wide array of business units you will be working with. Moreover, this role offers excellent career progression with the long-term aim of the role moving into a 'Director of Software Engineering' position.
In terms of some of the key requirements, rather than copy and pasting the JD, I wanted to highlight the following:
- Stakeholder Management - Due to the strategic element within this role, you must have experience working with senior stakeholders (up to c-level).
- Leadership - This role will have between 5-8 direct reports so you must have strong leadership skills and at least some commercial experience working in either a hybrid leadership or core management capacity.
- Methods & Processes - You should come from a background incorporating modern engineering practices, so experience of the following would be ideal: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, XP, DevOps, CI/CD etc.
In return, you will benefit from the following:
- Base salary ranging from £70,000 - £85,000.
- Position at VP-level (Vice President) within the bank.
- Annual discretionary bonus, usually ranging from 10-20%.
- Company pension at 10%.
- Private healthcare cover.
- Flexible working and remote working.
So if you like the sound of the above and your CV has some of the aforementioned key skills then why not apply? To do so, please contact me via the following methods:
- Contact Number: 0191 338 7540
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LinkedIn: 'Liam Haghighat'
Anything discussed will remain confidential. Moreover, due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, all interviews and on-boarding will be executed remotely.