Azure BI Developer - St Albans - £50-60k
Interviewing and on-boarding remotely.
This well established organisation are looking to recruit a talented Azure BI Developer to join their expanding Data and Analytics team based in their head office close to St Albans.
This role will be challenging and varied. You will be responsible for leading on the development of business intelligence solutions and implementing/managing a centralised analytics data lake. You will use your experience with SQL Server, ETL development, and MS Azure to ensure work is carried out to the highest quality and support more junior members of the team.
This is a brand new role and directly supports the migration to MS Azure, as such, your experience with MS Azure data platform technologies, including Azure Data Factory, should be strong. You will be required to do SQL development, database administration and reporting as required.
Your role will involve the following responsibilities:
- The assembling of large and complex data sets designed to meet both functional and non-functional needs of the business.
- Ensuring that the data is accurate, consistent and realiable. You will also ensure that the data can be queried.
- Leading on the creation of BI solution architecture. This will involve the development, implementation and management of a centralised analytcs data lake.
- Designing required dimensions, measures, calculations and KPI's which establish self-service reporting.
- Assisting in the creation of data tools which will be used by team members for analysis to deliver insights to the business.
- Developing and maintaining the Insight data and entity relationship model which will support the wider reporting and analytics requirements.
- Building the necessary infrastructure for ETL of data from a range of different data sources including from big data technologies.
- Gain a strong understanding and commercial awareness of business drivers and analytical use-cases to translate these into data products.
To be a good fit for this role you should be experienced in Database management, development and engineering. Your communication skills, both written and oral, should be excellent and you should be up to date with emerging cloud and big data technologies. You should also have the following technical experience:
- Strong experience with SQL Server plus T-SQL
- Strong experience with data warehouse development and maintenance
- Extensive experience of Azure Data Platform technologies, including Azure Data Factory
- Experience with ETL development
- A good understanding of Power BI
- R, SPSS, or Python experience
- Strong experience with MS Excel
If you think this looks like your next career step then apply today! Submit your CV or contact David Airey on 0191 338 7508 or at email@example.com.
Nigel Frank International are the go-to recruiter for Power BI and Azure Data Platform roles in the UK offering more opportunities across the country than any other recruitment agency. We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group. We are the global leaders in Microsoft recruitment.