Lead Data Engineer & Scrum Master - Worthing - £30-40k
A financial organisation based in the Worthing area are looking to recruit a lead data engineer and scrum master to join their expanding data engineering team.
Your primary responsibility will be to lead the Data Engineering scrum team whilst developing management reporting using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Power BI.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Mentoring more junior team members so that they understand the delivery life-cycle and necessary QA requirements.
- Work closely with the product owner to help in the estimation and planning of deliverables.
- Effectively work with stakeholders so that they understand business requirements and on-going management processes.
- Develop an effective working relationship with stakeholders.
- Work with the Data and Analytics team to ensure that overall departmental objectives are met.
- Closely monitor business benefits and return on investment within the department.
- Write accurate T-SQL queries.
- Create reports and dashboards using Power BI.
- Assist in the set-up and administration of Azure DevOps.
- Manage agile processes across the team on a daily basis.
- Determine where PBI's need to be delivered by utilising the project model and assessing product backlog.
- Ensure effective communication between key stakeholders and the technical team.
To be a good fit for this role you should have experience playing the role as a scrum master and have a strong knowledge of Agile techniques. You should have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and be confident dealing directly with stakeholders. You should also have the following technical experience:
- Strong experience with SQL Server plus T-SQL.
- Experience with SSRS
- Experience with Power BI
- Azure DevOps or Jira/Confluence experience
Alongside a competitive salary of £30-40,000, this company also offers the following fantastic benefits:
- Performance related bonus
- Company pension scheme
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Subsidised gym membership
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cashback vouchers
If this looks like the role for you then apply today! Alternatively, contact David Airey on 0191 338 7508 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nigel Frank International are the go-to recruiter for Power BI and Azure Data Platform roles in the UK offering more opportunities across the country than any other recruitment agency. We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group. We are the global leaders in Microsoft recruitment.