Data Engineering/Development Manager - Azure Project
A large end-user in South Staffordshire who are centred around their employees and customers are seeking a Data Engineering/Development Manager with strong hands-on skills to join their team as they look to build a new Data function and re-platform onto Azure PaaS.
You'll be a seasoned Data Engineer/Developer with tech lead/team lead experience, having worked on a range of larger-scale projects in Data Warehousing and ideally cloud-based platforms.
You'll work as part of a currently small but quickly-growing team of Data experts, responsible for guiding the developers and leading from the front in creating a best-in-class Data Platform that allows various stakeholders access to previously unused data.
You'll have strong existing experience in designing and developing SQL Server and Azure-based solutions, ideally using tools such as Data Factory v2, Data Lake, Databricks and Synapse/SQL Data Warehouse.
This is a Permanent role only, office-based in Staffordshire but currently home-based until offices reopen fully.
Role & Responsibilities
- Azure SQL Solution Design/Development
- Team leadership/management
- Best practice in modern solution development, including DevOps approach
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in Azure SQL solution development using tools such as Data Factory v2, Data Lake, Databricks, Synapse Analytics/SQL Data warehouse
- Expertise in ETL/Data Pipeline Development
- Experience in team management/leadership
- Starting Salary of up to £65,000
- 27 days holiday + Bank
- Excellent staff discounts and perks
To apply for this role, please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 338 7552 for a confidential chat.
Nigel Frank are the go-to recruiter for Power BI and Azure Data Platform roles in the UK offering more opportunities across the country than any other. We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.
Twitter = @NigelFrank_BI
LinkedIn = https://www.linkedin.com/in/owen-mitchell-b84984b2/