Lead Software Developer
With over 3000 employees across the globe striving to deliver exceptional standards on a large scale products in the most cost-effective way for over 1200 clients, our software is mainly used by the insurance market to handle millions of claims each year.
The team is embarking on an exciting and challenging transformation programme and their software solutions are a driving force behind this strategy to deliver cloud based computing and leading-edge design and architecture to their business, which is where you would come in.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced .NET software Engineer to join a talented Software Development team working on a variety projects within a distributed scrum team, to build Azure based applications for our strategic global platform. You will bring with you prior experience of developing Web API based applications written in .NET Framework or .NET Core, working in medium sized development teams utilizing features such as Azure web apps, SQL PaaS databases, blob storage, service bus, and other Azure services. Front-end development experience in Angular is also beneficial.
- Previous claim management, accident repair/ insurance related process would be an advantage
- 7+ years' experience using the Microsoft development stack including .NET, SQL Server, Entity Framework, and Azure.
- A strong understanding of core object oriented software design patterns
- Worked in an agile environment employing scrum methodology and JIRA as a SDLC management tool
- Knowledge of Azure VSTS, continuous integration and automated deployment would be a great advantage
- Develop .NET Core based Web APIs
- Contribute to the overall design of both architecture and user stories
- Develop performant SQL database table designs and queries using Entity Framework
- Create quality unit testing around all developed code
- Assist in incorporating automated acceptance testing as part of the build pipeline
- Ensure new Azure features are utilized as appropriate
- BE an active member of the Scrum team, improving process and ensuring that the team delivers on their commitment
Who will fit into the team?
- Self-organising problem solver.
- Able to think outside the box (open thinking).
- Strong ability to work effectively with both local and remote colleagues. Collaborating, motivating and energizing others.
- Possess the drive and enthusiasm required to build and deploy high quality, cutting edge software.
- Attention to detail.
- Always looking to continuously improve and learn new technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be active in the development community, contributing to blogs, researching or Opensource…
- Be maturity, calm and in control when placed in high pressure and demanding situations
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include your updated CV as well as your tertiary education transcripts to move the process to the next stage.
Good luck with your application.