Job Title - Lead Azure Data Architect
Sector - Financial Services (Retail Banking)
Contract Length - 6 Months
Day Rate - £700
Location - The City of London (Remote for the foreseeable future)
Nigel Frank International are currently working alongside a reputable Retail Banking organisation who are looking to add a hugely experienced and highly skilled Lead Azure Data Architect to their ranks to oversee the evolution of their internal data platforms and provide a new capability of leveraging Cloud and Big Data technology within the business.
As a Lead Azure Data Architect, you will be a technical contributor with previous knowledge of building large cloud-based data processing systems and applications. You will be a pivotal part of the Data & Analytics team and will work closely with a team of data scientists, business analysts & data engineers to implement complex Azure-based big data projects, concentrating on collecting, parsing, managing, analysing and visualising huge sets of data.
The role requires an innovative, forward-thinking individual who is passionate about working with cutting edge technologies in solving problems, who will help lead end-to-end execution of technical initiatives and contribute directly to existing and emerging business/technical/data strategies.
The successful candidate will work directly with the Director of Data to build the new Data Architecture capability and to lead the technical vision and execution of data tools, data engineering and data infrastructure within the Cloud environment.
You MUST have experience in the following:
- Proven experience in a Lead Data Architecture role, establishing a clear vision for the project and setting standards across teams, whilst contributing towards technical strategy and methodology and mentoring of team members
- Managing senior stakeholders - our Data Team is essential to our business activities and you will need to work with a broad range of senior business leaders
- Excellent communication skills - candidates must be able to articulate themselves clearly to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Lead, support, coach and mentor a team of data scientists, business analysts & data engineers.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud Architecture, including expert knowledge of Data Warehousing/Data Lake design, Data Factory & Databricks.
- A sound understanding of data modelling, and agile methodologies.
- Experience re-purposing and optimising data warehouse models to higher or lower levels for specific use cases