My client are a small friendly company who have exciting expansion plans, right now with the recruitment of at least three more experienced full-time developers. My client specialise in bespoke web development and have a reputation for quality, value and support, which has kept their larger clients returning for more and more work.
Encompassing a friendly approachable team spirit, their weekly team meetings help share knowledge and experience. It is important to keep up to date with your skills, and we would always encourage an interest in self-development.
My client are currently engaged in rewriting one of their flagship systems that was first designed nearly ten years ago. This system has been instrumental in helping their client grow to over 100 employees in six years. The existing system works well, but is now somewhat dated, and to coincide with further expansion plans, we are redeveloping the architecture and systems. Planning is already underway, so this is an opportunity to get in at the start with the Laravel and Svelte/VueJS redevelopment.
Our modern office is right next to the railway station and with onsite parking. Subsequent to any probation period you would be entitled to join the company's private health care scheme, and be eligible for various other company benefits including some flexibility over your hours of work.
Due to the nature of some of the clients we work with, you will be required to enter into a non-disclosure agreement immediately upon starting work, and undergo identity and criminal checks, including providing references.
- Strong recent experience of Laravel
- Good experience of Svelte and/or VueJS
- Proficient in PHP - Procedural and OO
- Competent with MySQL, and experience of large datasets
- Confident with building and consuming Rest APIs
- Understand and use Secure by Design practices
- Able to code to PSR-12 standards
- Good written and verbal communication skills and good standard of English
- Good attention to detail, able to produce accurate work
- Proven abilities with responsive front-end web technologies
- Comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a team
- Have a demonstrable passion for programming and web development
- Have a desire to keep up to date with technology changes
- Experience with GIT, Vagrant, PHPunit and Selenium (or similar tools)
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, especially AWS
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining applications for our clients. You may be required to work with clients to determine the best solution, taking time and budgets into consideration.
Your work will be neat and well documented, whilst being efficient and accurate. You will also undertake peer code reviews from time to time.
- a competitive salary;
- a great working environment and colleagues;
- flexible working
- modern office with free parking and next to train station;
- private health insurance; pension;
- various staff schemes including cycle, IT equipment purchases etc.;
- perkbox freebies and discounts
- occasional staff outings;