MSSQL Database Administrator - 100K - Perm.
The qualified DBA must be able to install, configure, and maintain all database instances across the development, testing, and production environments.
To determine improvements the DBA must have a good understanding of the baseline system performance and monitor the performance by setting up database monitoring utilities to provide timely notification and assist in researching issues or provide alerts for potential issues.
It is also expected that the DBA would assist in making suggestions regarding database design, tuning options, and any other database concerns that could result in an issue.
- 4 year college degree in Computer Science, comparable degree, or equivalent work experience
- Deep understanding of Structured Query Language
- Skilled with Microsoft platforms (SSRS, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Office Suite)
- Project Management knowledge and/or experience preferred
- Skills in documenting business requirements and testing applications
- Proven abilities in decision-making, priority setting and planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to teach others. An essential part of this job will require collaboration. Some of this collaboration will involve teaching others what you know.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to learn and implement new skills/technologies
- High motivation; works well independently or in a team setting
- Good Problem Solving skills / methodology
- Responsible for on-schedule completion of analysis, design, programming, testing, documenting and any other tasks as assigned
- Keeps management apprised of status on assigned tasks at all times
- Take on a technical lead or business analyst role when asked
- Responsible for writing technical specifications for development projects
- Provide accurate time estimates of projects and tasks
- Provide decision support to senior management
- Customer (internal/external) support for existing systems
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, and reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
For all inquiries, please contact Nich Bryant at email@example.com or 980-259-7964 (ext. 7964).
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft recruitment, advertising more Azure jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Microsoft Azure market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and Azure jobs are.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed. For information on the Azure market and some of the opportunities and Azure jobs that are available, I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see www.nigelfrank.com for more fantastic Microsoft opportunities!
Nigel Frank International Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.