Azure Service Reliability Engineer - Remote - $160,000 - Permanent
Looking to connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. We are rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
We are looking for an engineer to help our internal and external partners build the Kubernetes Operators. In this role, you will join a team of highly skilled, knowledgeable, and passionate engineers on an inspiring mission to bring the power of Kubernetes Operators to the masses. You will have plenty of opportunities to participate in multiple open source communities, working with innovative technologies and helping guide commercial outcomes for both us and our partners. You will work closely with independent software vendors (ISVs) and internal software teams to guide them along their journey towards a successful implementation of Kubernetes Operators. As a Service Reliability Engineer, you'll need to have software engineering and system administration experience. You should also be comfortable working with Kubernetes and enjoy working face to face with partners and customers. This role requires up to 60% of both domestic and international travel.
- Work with ISVs to develop Kubernetes Operators
- Partner with internal software teams to develop Kubernetes Operators
- Provide feedback, suggestions, patches, and code contributions back to the Operator Framework project
- Help review PR requests for OperatorHub.io
- Conduct Operator workshops, teaching others how to develop Kubernetes Operators
- Cooperate with our company's offering teams and partners
- Experience and comfort with the Kubernetes and containers technologies
- Knowledge of Golang programming language and experience with Linux operating system
- Familiarity with networking and storage
- Experience with field engineering and consulting
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and Git control system
- Enthusiastic about working face to face with partners and customers
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally up to 60%
- Familiarity with the Kubernetes Operators and Operator Framework project
- Experience with the Ansible tool
- Knowledge of Helm for Kubernetes
- Experience with course development and delivery
- Ability and willingness to present to the public
- Knowledge of other programming languages
- Ability to work remotely
- Relaxed attire
- Team environment
- Well-being programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision, life, disability coverage
If interested please call Austin directly at (704) 247-5561 and email your resume to email@example.com
Nigel Frank International is the Global Leader in Microsoft Recruitment. We place more Microsoft professionals into Microsoft jobs than any other recruitment agency with over 2,000 live jobs on our website at any one time. We are a part of Frank Recruitment Group, one of the most successful global recruitment businesses in the last 10 years and backed by private equity firm TPG Growth.
We are the recruitment partner of choice for 1000's of Microsoft Partners, Customers & ISV's worldwide with over 1000 dedicated consultants operating in more than 34 countries. Similarly, over half of the candidates that we work with use our recruitment services exclusively. I specialize in the Microsoft Azure and DevOps market across the Benelux region. I understand the need for discretion & am keen to speak to anyone considering a career change or just wanting to discuss potential opportunities confidentially.