I am engaged with a leading organisation in the Insurance space who are looking to recruit experienced Data Engineers into their growing 'Cloud & Data' function, based out of their HQ in London (5 minutes walk from the Gherkin).
The organisation are going through a huge recruitment drive in 2020, focusing on improving the way they utilise data and you'll be pleased to know that unlike a lot of non-tech companies, they view technology as an enabler rather than a blocker.
The roles in question are focused primarily on the design and development of a strategic analytical platform (AWS) to enable integration, analysis and insight of a variety of data sets, as well as the development of data and analytics solutions for machine learning and data visualisation. Moreover, you will be expected to develop and manage relationships across data, technology and business functions (think stakeholder management), challenging existing paradigms in a constructive manner that demonstrate and promote the value of a mature data analytics capability.
Fundamentally, you will be given the opportunity to drive a data-first mentality within the organisation, a unique and rewarding challenge that is usually quite rare to find in established organisation such as this one.
In terms of their expectations… if you can demonstrate some of the below skills then you stand a good chance of being shortlisted to the interview stage:
- Excellent understanding of Data Architecture, including both on-premise and via the AWS Cloud.
- Strong experience with Data Modelling and Data Analysis, including the ability to query, prepare and analyse Data sets.
- Proven commercial experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Skilled in software engineering, with experience in some (not necessarily all) of the following programming languages: Python, R, Java, Scala.
- Familiarity with Linux/UNIX and tools including Git and SVN.
- Good understanding of Data Science models and Data Modelling in general (e.g. Star Schema, Kimball).
- Some commercial experience with technologies in the Big Data space (e.g. Cassandra, Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Kibana etc.).
In return, you will get the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects in an Agile environment.
Moreover, I have personally worked with these guys for years and they have an excellent company culture, focusing on tailored personal development, genuine career progression and flexibility, whether it be home working opportunities or simply flexible working hours. They also offer a generous bonus/benefits package as well as the chance to get huge discounts on car, travel and home insurance.
So if you like the sound of the role and would like to find out more then please contact me via the following:
- Mobile: 07943721308
- Office Line: 0191 338 7540
- Email: email@example.com
- LinkedIn: 'Liam Haghighat'
Anything discussed will remain completely confidential and fully compliant with GDPR.