DevOps Engineer - Surrey - Award winning business / Microsoft Gold Partner / Remote Working
£50,000 - £60,000
Are you a dynamic, smart and forward thinker? Does working for a Microsoft Gold Partner that can accelerate your career tick the right boxes for you? If so then my Surrey based IaaS client has something pretty special on offer as they are looking for an DevOps Engineer to join the team.
This role falls heavily on the development side so a background in Microsoft web technologies is a must and will get your foot in the door on this one. As long as you have solid software development experience and you have a genuine passion for DevOps, my client will do the rest and get you up to speed on the DevOps side of things if this is not a set of skills you already have . Don't get me wrong, research and understanding of the tools behind this type of role will definitely be necessary.
Your role? You will work closely within the operations team, primarily working on the development of new automation features whilst also working on maintaining the current platform and dealing with escalated support issues. You will work as part of the team in making all the processes fully automated whilst maintaining the state of the current platform and troubleshooting issues.
Your own development is just as important though so opportunity to grow and cross train is at hand, this role will see you grow into an even more senior profile within the business and really achieve the goals you set out with your manager upon joining the business.
- Customer facing technical contact including documentation at a technical level to customers on various aspects of the product and architecture.
- Developer operations
- Setup, automation and configuration of Azure AD including SQL Azure, Traffic Manager Endpoints, Notification Hubs and Storage Accounts.
- Creation of .Net applications and PowerShell scripts in order to facilitate and accomplish day to day automation tasks and fixes.
- Management of Octopus deployment server and creation of step templates for Azure and Server level tasks.
- Operations engineering tasks across 80+ servers.
- Product upgrades, testing and deployments including the creation of documentation of deployment steps and procedures for upgrades to the rest of the team.
- Office 365 and SharePoint support.
- Installation and troubleshooting of SharePoint 2013/2016.
- Third level support and development support.
- Proof of Concept development and testing.
Package on offer ?
In return, (aside from the standard benefits package) you will benefit from a genuinely positive company culture where collaboration is actively encouraged. You will be given loads of time to up-skill and will also be given the opportunity to cross-train into different areas of the business. Finally, you will benefit from tailored career progression, with this role offering you the chance to progress into senior/ lead roles.
Next Steps - If this role is for you - GREAT! But if its not then don't worry, if you're passionate about all things Azure I have many other roles that could be a better match so drop me a message either way and lets have a natter .
Office Line - 01917 315286
Email - email@example.com
LinkedIn - 'Jessica Blackburn'
Anything discussed will remain confidential and fully compliant with GDPR
.net / c# / c++ / .net entity / asp.net / SQL server / Git / Excel / Excel add-ins / VBA / Messaging Systems / Azure / Azure Services/ Agile / Scrum / Kanban / Powershell / Node.js / Typescript / Pre-Sales / MLD / Solutions Architect / Stakeholders/ Consultancy / microservice architecture / Azure services/ / web / worker roles / service bus / storage / service fabric / HDInsight / Data Bricks / Visual studio / business analysis / waterfall / Big data / mongoDB / artificial intelligence / machine learning / infrastructure / development /architect / Microsoft / Azure Cosmos DB / Azure SQL Server / Azure stream analytics / devops / octopus deploy