A client of mine is looking to bring on a Senior DevOps Engineer to join their Montreal team. The role is contract-to-hire after the first six months. It is expected for the individual to be on-site three to four days a week, while working remotely the rest of the week.
- Develop automation around EC2, Go.CD, Jenkins, OpsWorks, CloudFormation, and other "best-fit" technologies.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration scripts
- Create monitoring and reporting infrastructure for a cloud-agnostic environment.
- Perform ongoing monitoring and tuning, upgrades, backups and resource optimization as required.
- Ensure redundancy and stability for all critical systems.
- Ensure data protection and recoverability for all supported systems.
- Understand Encryption and Secret Management
- Carry out cost estimates and work to reduce Cloud costs
- Research and evaluate
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in maintaining serious, scalable mission-critical infrastructure
- Working experience with the management and administration of a variety of DBMS, Web and Applications servers such as Apache, nGinx, Node, etc.
- Deep working knowledge of Linux servers and networked environments.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Thorough understanding of distributed systems and the protocols they use, including TCP/IP, SOAP, RESTful APIs, SQL, NoSQL.
- Knowledge of technologies used to scale out distributed systems like nginx, haproxy, postgres, private/public clouds, JVM, ansible, docker, nagios, or graphite.
- Deployment automation experience with Puppet/Chef/Ansible or Salt Stack.
- Determination to provide reliable and fault tolerant systems.
- Familiarity with penetration testing tools and performing penetration tests.
- Familiarity with OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities and web application security in general.
- Independence, creativity and initiative and the ability to understand the company's architecture and business goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written communication.
- Experience working with Agile and iterative development methodologies
If interested in applying for this position, apply here or send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.