DevOps Engineer (AD, O365)
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for serving as the SME across all Microsoft/Office 365 and Security technologies, with a particular focus on collaboration and messaging. The successful applicant will have good business acumen, ensuring that prescribed solutions are appropriate for the situation and seamlessly accommodate existing and proposed business processes and requirements.
The applicant will lead the design of solutions leveraging the Office 365 suite of technologies from Microsoft, and will have a deep understanding of Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Advanced Threat Protection (ATP), Windows Defender, encryption and multi-factor authentication.
The successful applicant will be a self-starting, naturally curious and innovative thought-leader, leveraging original thought to initiate and improve business processes and their applications through the Microsoft Office 365 technologies. An Outcome-orientation is also expected, with an understanding that the merits of any technical solution are based entirely on the ability to meet and satisfy business requirements.
The applicant will act as an example for employees and customers, typifying the characteristics and traits that demonstrate a commitment to deploy industry-leading technologies that solve business problems efficiently, effectively and within budgetary constraints.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Solution design and implementation planning of the security and collaboration technologies available from Microsoft Azure/Office 365.
- Demonstrated proficiency with scripting, with an emphasis on programmatic instantiation and configuration management of cloud-based environments.
- Experience with revision control systems, such as Git and Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Expert-level understanding of Active Directory, Azure Active Directory and Office 365 Architecture, Implementation and Support
- Experience with the major architectural configurations of Microsoft Exchange: Cloud-base, On-Premise and Hybrid.
- Expert-level understanding of DNS and security protocols leveraged to improve the security of email, including: SPF, DKIM, DMARC.
- Experience implementing Secure Email Gateway technologies, such as Barracuda, Proofpoint or Mimecast.
- Experience with email encryption implementations with PKI integration.
- Demonstrated experience migrating on-premise Exchange infrastructures to Exchange Online.
- Acts as escalation point for any customer service concern or need that cannot be immediately resolve by the Service Desk.
- Imparts knowledge on other members of the team, through
- Serves as the escalation point on complex cases
- Contributes to knowledge management initiatives.
- Mentors team members on Office 365
- Uses creativity to find ways to make the service better.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service Skills - Focuses on addressing customer needs and ensuring that they have a good experience. Exhibits active listening skills and empathy in customer communications and asserts influence with leadership and professional resources to effectively address customer's needs.
- Expert problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills complemented by solid business and technical background.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- CEH, CISM, CISSP or other security certifications a plus.
- At least 3 years of technical experience implementing and supporting security technologies.
- At least 3 years supporting Microsoft/Office 365 environments.
- Experience migrating on-prem environments to Office 365.
- 2 years of customer service experience, working with external customers.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid driver license with a good driving record and provide own transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Corporation
Why Work Here?
We are a team of collaborative innovators that share a passion for helping leading organizations achieve peak performance.
The company is an IT managed services and maritime software company comprised of business and technology professionals serving clients throughout the world. We have helped large enterprise customers leverage technology to gain competitive advantage and make their businesses more responsive to the changing demands of an increasingly global, Internet-driven and competitive marketplace. We improve business performance through the effective use of technology and provide exceptional solutions geared specifically to meet the needs of our clients. Our expertise in managing systems and networks allows our customers to be competitive and stay focused on their core business objectives. We provide a range of services to help create strategic plans, evaluate solutions and deploy the technologies required to achieve the institution's goals.