Sr. Project Engineer - 85K - Memphis, TN - Full-time
An industry leader seeking a Senior Project Engineer to work with our Memphis team to serve our growing client base. The Project Engineer works to provide technical expertise, customer on-boarding, and pre-sales support to projects across a wide scope of customers, with an extensive array of technical environments and within our cloud. This position will allow you to work alongside some of the most talented engineers in the Southeast and afford you the opportunity to grow with a stable managed services provider that has a 25-year history of providing a full range of IT solutions and is continuing to expand its territory.
Here's what we need from you:
- High School diploma required; associate's or bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in information system design, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance and documentation; office automation/productivity applications specification, installation, operation, and maintenance
- Strong knowledge of current IT concepts, issues, practices, methodologies, and trends
- Good problem solving and decision making skills; ability to understand and analyze complex issues
- Must be passionate about technology and delivering the highest level of customer service
- Self-motivated, detail orientated, highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in an efficient manner with a high level of quality
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and peers; ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Desire to make a difference!
These are the technical skills that you will need to have:
- Knowledge of Microsoft server and client operating systems (Server OS: 2008, 2012 and 2016; Client OS: Vista, and Windows 7, 8 and 10)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure and maintenance
- VMware ESX server experience
- Installation, upgrade, and maintenance of Microsoft Exchange 2010 / 2013 / 2016
- Knowledge of cloud services such as Office 365, Azure, Google Apps and Amazon Web Services
- General understanding of internet protocols including DNS, SMTP, POP3, IMAP
- Basic TCP/IP troubleshooting knowledge
- Installation and troubleshooting of desktop client applications including Microsoft Office Suite and various antivirus clients
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of enterprise backup solutions
- Understanding of Client and Server hardware configurations including redundancy and RAID architectures
The following aren't required, but are highly desirable:
- Pre-sales experience
- Citrix experience
- Hyper-V experience
- Microsoft SQL server administration experience
- Experience with Storage Area Networks (iSCSI/Fiber Channel)
- Familiarity with router and switch configuration, operation, and maintenance, routing protocols, TCP/IP, network management, network analysis, and network security
And, here is some additional info you will want to know:
Travel Requirements: 20% or less overnight
Applicant selected will be subject to a criminal, credit, and department of motor vehicles background checks and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
Great benefits package, including 401k matching
For all inquiries, please contact Nich Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 980-259-7964 (ext. 7964).
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft recruitment, advertising more Azure jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Microsoft Azure market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and Azure jobs are.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed. For information on the Azure market and some of the opportunities and Azure jobs that are available, I can be contacted at email@example.com. Please see www.nigelfrank.com for more fantastic Microsoft opportunities!
Nigel Frank International Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.