My client is an exciting fintech start-up founded in Cape Town, South Africa with plans to expand
rapidly into other global markets. The Company is a global pioneer in the space of direct
indexing: a revolutionary new way to diversify an investment portfolio. The company will soon be
launching its mobile application for both Android and IOS together with an array of investment
Bundles that are the first of their kind globally. These Bundles offer diversified exposure to each
of the following emerging trends:
- Artificial intelligence,
- 5G Technology
My client has received investment funding from a prestigious JSE listed company and NASDAQ
listed company and is looking to expand its small tightly-knit team with an ambitious group of
dreamers, thinkers and doers.
My client like challenges, and we've taken on a big one. Whether it's diversifying a portfolio or saving and investing for the first time, we want to create an equal opportunity for anyone, anywhere in the world to invest in the next frontier of growth opportunities.
My client is looking for a smart, driven and technically savvy senior full stack back-end developer
- Lead the charge in building our next generation investment platform.
- Launch our mobile investment apps on both Android and iOS.
- Manage, along with the founder and other senior developers, a best in class development team.
- Take co-ownership of the technological growth and direction to ensure the long-term success of the business.
- Frontend(Customer) - React, using sagas for state management.
- Frontend(Admin) - React, using sagas for state management.
- Backend(Customer/Admin) - .Net Core 2.2
- DevOp's - Azure DevOp's CI/CD for dev, staging and production.
- Azure cloud services
- Git for source control
- Postman for api documentation and testing
- 6+ years' experience as a Backend Software Developer,
- Prior experience in a senior technical position,
- College or University degree in Computer Science, a related discipline or proven experience in software development.
The candidate should at minimum have experience in a form of cloud architecture setup and
deployment, continuous deployment and integration setup and management and backend development as a core.
- Meet sprint deadlines and build backend product features.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Set clear team goals.
- Delegate tasks, set deadlines and take accountability for team targets.
- Oversee day-to-day operations.
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics.
- Help hire junior and mid-level developers.
- Listen to team members' feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts.
- Recognise high performance and reward accomplishments.
Ideal Core Competencies
- Proficient with Microsoft .NET and .NET Core development
- In depth knowledge and experience with core .Net technologies including: EF/EF
- Experience with database development including relational database design, SQL and
- Experience designing and developing enterprise grade software
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous
integration/deployment environments. GIT, Azure Pipelines.
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with agile and scrum development methodologies.
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimisation
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories.
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes.