Systems Engineer - Azure - New York City, NY - 140k Annually - Thought Leader!
A global online platform for live sport, music and entertainment tickets. has partnered with many of the world's leading brands in sport and entertainment, and has helped customers from almost every country in the world access tickets to their favourite events in the language, currency and on the device of their choice.
As the Senior Systems Engineer you'll be responsible for the planning and execution of projects that will support business growth, improve security, or open up new capabilities for our teams.
The role will initially focus on establishing excellence in our corporate environment, though the role has scope to encompass management of our production environment.
- Work with the Security and Engineering teams to maintain and execute a road map for upcoming quarters
- Establish and roll out best practices for automation of server deployment and management
- Advance website on the route which removes the need for on-premise AD - Intune/MDM, Azure AD, Autopilot...
- Provide transparency into the performance of IT systems and incidents
- Help grow and mentor other members of the IT & Engineering teams
- Act as the thought leader in IT, creating a vision and mapping it to a road map that gets us there
- Windows Server 2016 (soon to be 2019)
- Windows 10 1803 workstations
- A mixture of on-premise (physical + Hyper-V) and Azure-hosted
- Defender ATP, Microsoft Security Center
- Cisco networking and VPNs
What you'll need
- Great understanding of Active Directory, experience managing hundreds of users and multiple sites
- Successfully delivered multiple IT projects, spanning weeks to months
- Core Networking
- Solid understanding of Office 365, including Exchange and Azure AD
- Experience in triaging incidents, spotting patterns, and establishing projects to eliminate on the IT team builds and runs the infrastructure that our business runs on.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity as well as others in the Azure/Microsoft Cloud technologies realm, then please do not hesitate and reach out to me today! I can be reached directly by phone at 813-701-2806 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to working with you!
Nigel Frank is a leader in Niche IT Recruitment with a focus on Microsoft Cloud technologies. We deal with Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. We have open positions and relationships with some of the top partners and end users throughout the US and offer some excellent opportunities in the Azure space.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure candidates considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance.