Senior SQL Data Engineer - Godalming - £55k
A fantastic financial organisation based in Godalming are looking for an experienced SQL Data Engineer to join their expanding data engineering team!
Reporting in to the Head of Data and Insight, this would be a senior role within the data engineering team and would see you as being the first port of call in this company's data pipeline and Analytics server management. You will work as part of a team to ensure the development and maintenance of the SQL Data Warehouse which will require detailed management and monitoring. You will aid in the development of comprehensive data products which will allow the business to drive selection, decision-making, analysis and reporting. Day-to-day your tasks will be varied and your key focus will include process monitoring, capacity planning, process design, and data product builds. Your role will also include the following responsibilities:
- Working with key users to improve and maintain data product development and deployment.
- Develop and maintain Source to Destination data reconciliation processes and reporting.
- Actively ensure the rigorous testing and data governance procedures/processes are adhered to.
- Take an active role in the building, deployment, and maintenance of a suite of data products with the Analytics framework.
- Engage with other developers and users on both data classification and attribution.
- Work with other Data Engineers to monitor and manage the Analytics SQL Server estate and engage with team members and management to resolve any issues.
This company values your experience and the responsibilities which you will have. As such, they are offering a generous base salary of up to £55,000, plus the following fantastic benefits:
- Bonus - based on individual and company performance
- Up to 9% pension
- 25 days holiday plus holiday purchase scheme
- Various employee assistance programs
- Extras - including retail discounts and cashback offers
To be a good fit for this role you should have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and be ready to hit the ground running! You should have the following technical skills:
- Strong experience with SQL Server, plus T-SQL
- Strong experience with SQL DBA tasks
- Experience creating and maintaining a SQL data warehouse
- A good grasp of Data Warehousing methodologies
- An awareness of emerging cloud technologies
If you think this role could be the next step in your career then apply today - interviews will conclude before Christmas! Submit your CV to apply or contact David Airey on 0191 338 7508 or at email@example.com.