Power BI Developer - London - £50k
A fantastic organisation based in Central London are looking to add a talented Power BI developer to their expanding Data & Analytics team.
This company makes use of Microsoft's modern data warehousing tools to store, evaluate and visualise data which will show where the business needs to make improvements or changes. You will report directly in to the Data Lead and will work alongside an established team of developers, architects, and DBAs who are all focused on establishing a cloud-based reporting system.
Your primary responsibilities surround the designing, developing and implementation of reporting tools which are currently being used by the organisation as well as innovating with new reporting tools. You will be expected to work closely with end users and stakeholders to understand their reporting requirements and work with the business to build new reports/dashboards in line with data visualisation best practices. This role may involve travelling to other offices or events, some of which may be overseas.
Your role will be varied and challenging. Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating high-quality reports and visualisations in Power BI
- SQL queries upon request for data
- Ensuring the continued development of tools and systems used by the team
- Constantly improving existing BI systems
- Keeping technical documentation up to date
- Supporting the enterprise Architects with architecture and design requirements
- Providing training to end users on reports and dashboards
- Keeping up to date with technology advancements, particularly with Power BI
- Providing expertise across the MS BI Stack
- Working with external clients
- Taking responsibility for effective requirements gathering
- Innovation in data modelling, Azure services, Dynamics 365, and MS PowerApps
To be a good fit for this role you should have a strong background as a BI Developer with experience reporting in Power BI. You should be able to work well within a team and have excellent verbal/written communication skills. This role requires a candidate who is ready to hit the ground running and has the following technical skills:
- Strong experience creating reports and dashboards in Power BI
- Experienced with DAX and M query
- A background in data warehouse design and development
- Experience across the full MS BI Stack - SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- Strong understanding of OLAP and ETL framework
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of Python/R
Interviews for this position are taking place wc 20th January so if you think this looks like the right role for you then apply today! Contact David Airey on 0191 338 7508 or at email@example.com.