BI Manager - Hereford - Up to £60k
An interesting and growing organisation is looking to recruit a BI Manager in their office close to the Ross-on-Wye area.
This position involves leading a team of three MI Developers to ensure the delivery of essential management reporting to internal customers. You will ensure that the reports developed by the team contain accurate information relating to customers including their purchase, requirements, costs, revenue, wages, feedback and staff. Using this information, you will liaise with the wider business to make improvements, highlight any issues and identify trends.
Your role will be a 50/50 split between management and hands-on technical work. The technology you will be working with to create reports is SSRS and you will be involved in proof of concept work with the latest data visualisation technology, such as Power BI, and play a crucial role in its implementation in the very near future. You will be joining this company in a senior position at a very exciting time and assist in transforming the BI and reporting function.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Effectively leading a team of MI Developers
- Being a go-between for the tech team and the business
- ETL of data using SSIS
- Development and maintenance of the SQL data warehouse
- Requirements gathering with end-users
- Designing and developing reports within SSRS
- Providing guidance and support to internal/external users
- Liaising with the software development team
- Carrying our a range of DBA tasks where required
- Creation of technical documentation.
This a varied role and you should be ready to hit the ground running!
To be a good fit for this role you should have excellent communication skills and happy to work both independently and as part of a dynamic team. You should also have the following experience:
- Senior of team lead experience
- Very experienced with SQL Server versions 2008-2016
- Experienced with T-SQL coding
- Experienced with ETL and SSIS development
- Very experienced creating reports in SSRS
- Working knowledge of SSAS
- Exposure to / desire to learn Power BI
If you are interested in this role then apply today ! Submit your CV or contact David Airey at email@example.com or on 0191 338 7508.