The ERP Sr. Manager plays a critical role in delivering successful solutions by partnering with business and technology groups to elicit requirements and manage the design and development of ERP-related modules. The ERP Sr. Manager continually monitors the systems performance and user utilization. Since the ERP Sr. Manager is involved with multiple business functional groups (Finance, IT, Sales, HR, etc…), the Sr. Manager will not only know how to manage multiple projects but will also possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Lead the development, execution and integration of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 ("ERP") with business process best practices across the organization. Works on complex business issues, which have a significant impact to the enterprise and across enterprise processes and functions due to the integration of ERP.
- Possesses an in-depth understanding of the Finance and Accounting function/process and business strategy and is viewed as a credible representative of Finance. Communicates and coordinates with other team leads, business leadership, IT and/or vendors to ensure appropriate integration of processes and ERP modules. Ability to understand non-finance modules to support business strategy and process within those functions.
- Has a strong understanding and experience in ERP methodology. Works with the finance teams to define business requirements and mapping business processes to ERP modules (often in conjunction with consultants.) Assist in the identification of and resolution of gaps in the business processes.
- Supervises and performs functional analysis, requirements definition, and ERP module configuration and testing. Responsible for conducting prototypes, developing functional specifications, data mapping, function mapping, setting of configuration and transaction/control tables.
- Performs configuration, change management and testing activities as required. Collaborates with IT to maintain ERP systems security through user profile management. Creates and updates access permissions and maintains user accounts.
- Assist in identifying recommendations for enhancements/changes that may involve custom design, optional, and third-party products to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of ERP system. Consults users on technology changes that will impact work processes.
- Serves as point-of-contact for Power Users. Performs problem identification and on-the-spot training to prevent problem re-occurrence and knowledge transfer. Escalates Tier 2 problems to appropriate support (e.g., technical experts or process experts).
- Oversees the creation of documentation and training materials and may deliver training.
- Service oriented and highly knowledgeable about technology enabled business solutions.
- Manages ERP specialist personnel.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Accounting or another related field.
Five years of IT and business work experience in Finance, including managing team(s) responsible for systems implementation and/or infrastructure support. Knowledge of development of tables, forms, and reports. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX and Atlas preferred. Knowledge of the following ISV's an advantage.