Network Analyst - Oak Creek
The Network Analyst helps to ensure the stable operation of the network computing environment and provides technical leadership in one or more technologies. Responsibilities include planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing network hardware, software, and communication links. The Network Analyst also analyzes and resolves end-user hardware and software-related problems in a timely and accurate fashion, providing training where required. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person or remote assistance at the network & server level.
The Network Analyst provides assistance administering the overall network and server infrastructure as well as line-of-business application systems at all sites and facilities. Work is performed under the supervision of the Director IS and provides the support to the network at company-wide information systems.
Essential Functions Include The Following
- Provide technical leadership and responsibility for the Network, wireless and Servers
- Install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot servers and associated systems, hardware, and ensures reliable and secure network
- Performs day to day management and maintenance of network infrastructure & wireless systems and plans ahead
- Maintains security solutions, which may include firewall, anti-virus, wireless, and intrusion detection systems and ensure secure network and stays ahead of the curve.
- Stays abreast with the industry trends in Network computing Requirements
- Proven knowledge network computing, Wireless technologies, Windows, VMWare, AWS/Azure cloud technologies
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, wireless protocols, and standards, including Firewall, hardware, Servers, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and Active Directory.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 10, Servers 2008, 2012. Office 365, Azure, VMware etc.
- Strong analytical problem-solving / troubleshooting mentality.
- Knowledge of network documentation tools and network diagram tools (IPAM, NMAP).
- Ability to quickly assess issues and resolve or escalate as appropriate.
- Strong knowledge of Security devices (Wireless devices, TV Monitors, cameras, motion sensors, recording devices & device analytics)
- Strong knowledge of Firewalls, VPNs, Network Printing, LAN/WAN connectivity.
- Strong knowledge of SNMP and Network Monitoring tools.
- Strong Communication Skills. & Organization Skills & maintains a positive "Can-Do" attitude.
- Ability to provide a calm presence and customer interactions.
- Implement best practices in Network and wireless protocols.
- Ability to setup and configure VLANs, routers, firewalls, switches, VPN's policies
. * Ability to work well in a team setting.
- 5 - 7+ years relevant and proven networking & server computing experience
- Security+/Network+/CCNA Certification required
- Degree in computer engineering and related field