3rd Line Support Engineer - Bristol - Up to £45,000
As a Senior Engineer you must display excellent customer facing skills, and will be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate technical issues in non-technical terms.
You will be responsible for managing your own workload and for assisting junior engineers with theirs.
It is a critical part of your role that you can share information and tasks with other engineers and that you keep up-to-date and detailed notes on the work you complete in our job management system.
You will predominantly be working on the Project and Helpdesk sides of the business, using knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Office 365 to assist Account Managers in existing and new business.
You will be responsible for ensuring that our customers can keep working, and will be required to use your initiative in resolving issues.
- Providing 3rd line technical support on Microsoft technologies, also answering support queries via phone, email and helpdesk when required
- Management and support of our client's office 365 and Azure infrastructures
- Working with a projects team as a potential project lead or project engineer whilst being able to follow the project management processes
- Visiting customer sites to troubleshoot problems that can't be fixed remotely
- Maintaining a high degree of customer service for all support queries
- Taking ownership of user problems and being proactive when dealing with user issues
- Weekend and out‐of‐hours working will sometimes be necessary
- Excellent communication skills (telephone and face to face). Being able to communicate in 'plain English' is at least as important as good technical skills
- Previous experience in third line IT Support
- The ability to learn new technology quickly - we don't expect you to be an expert now, but we want you to become one quickly!
- A self‐starter who is comfortable working alone or within a team
- Broad knowledge and experience in IT Service provision
- Autopilot and MDM
- PowerShell scripting
- MS Windows Server management and support
- Hyper V and other virtualization platforms
- Exchange Server management and support
- Office 365 & Azure migration and management
- Network and firewall infrastructure management, support and deployment
- Active Directory and group policy management
- Monitoring customer servers and performing preventative maintenance
- Deployment of managed Anti-Virus and Backup solutions
- Server infrastructure deployment and configuration
- Cyber security & GDPR awareness
- Great organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to standardise processes for efficiency and productivity
- Ability to analyse data, and excellent problem-solving skills
Call 0191 584 9718 or e-mai email@example.com for shortlisting