As an AWS DevOps Engineer for this client, you will be extensively working on the CI/CD pipeline for mutliple end clients.
- At least 3 years of hands-on AWS Cloud Engineering experience is a must.
- Direct experience with Infrastructure as Code, deploying infrastructure and applications via Pipelines, DR/HA in AWS, Tagging and Cost Control, Backup and Storage, Monitoring & Incident Management, Systems Compliance, Image Management, Patching, Configuration Management and related domains.
- Solid understanding and experience with AWS services including but not limited to EC2, RDS, Lambda, S3, EFS, IAM, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, AWS Service Catalog, AWS Systems Manager, ELB, Auto Scaling Groups, SNS, VPC, X-Ray, CodePipeline and related services.
- Strong background and understanding of application architectures, networking, security, reliability, resiliency and scalability concepts.
- Experience in Configuration Management via CloudFormation, Ansible, AWS Config
- Experience in Monitoring and Event Management using CloudTrail, CloudWatch, X-Ray, Config, EKK/ELK and related tools.
- Experience implementing CI/CD frameworks
- Experience building, testing, deploying and operating highly scalable and resilient cloud-based infrastructure.
- Highly proficient in at least one of Python, Java or NodeJS.
- Highly proficient in YAML.
- Superior critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills.
- Some understanding of ITIL practices & other standard IT practices/procedures, particularly as they relate to the cloud.
- Experience with installation, configuration, and administration of relevant technologies - AWS services referenced, CICD pipeline tools, XLDeploy, Ansible, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Understanding of Test Automation Frameworks a plus.
- Prior Software Development experience is a plus.
- AWS Architect Associate or other relevant certifications a plus.
The scope of the teams' responsibilities includes:
- Represent Cloud Engineering within the Citco Cloud Center of Excellence.
- Be thought leaders in the design and implementation of lift and shift strategies for migration of legacy applications to AWS, and operational strategies for new cloud-native applications.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure provisioning Service Catalogs and backend code in both on premise and cloud environments.
- Develop and maintain automated Systems Compliance, Backup, Storage, Image Management, Patching, Configuration Management and related processes, and act in a consultative role in these areas to application and engineering teams.
- Develop and maintain automated Configuration Management and Auditing processes via Ansible Playbooks or comparable AWS tools, and act in a consultative role to infrastructure teams doing playbook and CloudFormation development.
- Work with development teams to refine and improve CI/CD and Automated Deployment processes, including migrating legacy applications to automated build and deployment frameworks.
- Maintain and administrator the DevOps toolset; monitor the DevOps tools and best practices landscape to identify areas of interest to Citco.
- Define and maintain the Cloud Engineering, Automation and DevOps roadmap.
- Identify, track and report on key metrics indicating Cloud Engineering/Automation/DevOps effectiveness.
- Capture, categorize and prioritize backlog using JIRA and Confluence
If you believe you have the skill set and fit the description within the role of an AWS DevOps Engineer, please feel free to forward your Resume and Cover letter to Chris:
Phone: 813-437-6965 (Ext. 6965)
Nigel Frank International is the Global Leader in Microsoft Recruitment. We place more Microsoft professionals into Microsoft jobs than any other recruitment agency with over 2,000 live jobs on our website at any one time. We are a part of Frank Recruitment Group, one of the most successful global recruitment businesses in the last 10 years and backed by private equity firm TPG Growth We are the recruitment partner of choice for 1000's of Microsoft Partners, Customers & ISV's worldwide with over 1000 dedicated consultants operating in more than 34 countries. Similarly, over half of the candidates that we work with use our recruitment services exclusively. I Specialize in the Microsoft Azure and Office 365 market across the North Carolina region. I understand the need for discretion & am keen to speak to anyone considering a career change or just wanting to discuss potential opportunities confidentially.