Our Client is a strategic IT solutions firm and professional services provider that supports global enterprise clients in the Americas, EMEA & APAC. We combine digital transformation experience with engineering and solutions excellence who challenge the status quo. We drive the core IT Infrastructure and Cloud (Multi/Private/Public/Hybrid) transformation journey for customers across Banking and Financial Services, Healthcare and Life Sciences, ISVs, and Retail.
If you are someone who wakes up to drive transformation and solve technology challenges, this client may be the place for you.
The Opportunity: Docker DevOps SME, Principal Consultant
Engagement Type: Contract
Engagement Duration: 6 months
Work Location: Raleigh, NC
On-site/Remote: 100% On-site
Compensation: Open / Market
This client is looking for unique talent with fresh perspectives that can propel innovation in our client's Global Technology Organization (GTO). A dedicated container packaging and deployment specialist to enable workloads to be portable to the cloud and ensuring our containerized workload delivery life cycle aligns to industry best practices aligned to the client's digital strategy.
- 10+ years of Linux / Unix experience
- 7+ years of IT and or Software engineering work experience
- 5+ years of industry container knowledge
- 3-5 years of Kubernetes and Swarm orchestration experience
- 3-5 years Docker EE working knowledge and experience
- Provide ongoing health checks of infrastructure, OS, and containerized platforms
- Engage with our container platform vendors for product fixes and enhancements
- Give guidance as to what leading industry best practices by way of reference architectures and reference implementations of stack deployments leveraging both Swarm and Kubernetes
- Help build container focused roadmaps for emerging technology platforms extending our cloud strategy (i.e. Azure Stack, Docker EE)
- Provide operational guidance and standard operating procedures to consumers and operators of container platforms