Solutions Architect-Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing-New York
Technology: Azure Big Data, Business Intelligence
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Date Posted: September 11th, 2019
My client is looking for a Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse Solutions Architect to design and build the firm's Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence platforms of the future. As their business continues to grow in size and complexity, they are looking for a dynamic, organized, and customer focused data-centric leader who can shape our long-term data warehousing, business intelligence and data analytics roadmap.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Combine input obtained from all stakeholders to develop Business Intelligence/Enterprise Data Warehouse (BI/EDW) strategy and make recommendations for our current data repositories, enterprise application landscape and architecture with a "cloud first" approach
- Create the blueprint for data management systems to integrate, centralize and maintain data sources.
- Assess the organization and its portfolio companies' diverse systems landscape and data sources (CRM, ERP, external/3rd party sources, etc.) and integration needs
- Design, develop and optimize data warehouse with flexible and scalable data and ETL architecture, to support business needs.
- Deliver on overall data analytics strategy and build integrated solutions that are in line with the architecture framework and meets business requirements.
- Manage all aspects of a BI technical roadmap, including platform requirements and support for end-user BI tools (Tableau, Domo, Power BI, QlikView, etc.)
- Provide leadership and guidance regarding data modelling best practices, data governance and quality practices. Ensure data adheres to enterprise governance standards and maintain credibility and reputation of high-quality data.
- Define and implement integrations between source data and data warehouse as needed to ensure data integrity and support data & reporting requirements
- Ensure that our EDW solutions and Master Data Management (MDM) strategy enable compliance with applicable controls, policies and standards
- Interface directly with various business units (user to executive) to serve as ambassador for our EDW/MDM strategy, roadmap and solutions and solicit their feedback and input.
- Serve as escalation point for complex production and/or platform issues and engage vendors as necessary.
- Develop and manage effective collaborative relationships with other departments, groups and peers.
- Keep current on big data and data visualization technology trends, evaluate, work on proof-of-concept and make recommendations on the technologies based on their merit.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization with diverse backgrounds.
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information in both technical and non-technical terms, including the capability to translate technical matters to a non-technical audience
- Strong consulting skills and mindset; prior experience with a large consulting firm is a plus, but must have ability to adapt for middle market environment
- Recognized as a thought leader and change agent within the company.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, agile environment and resolve unplanned incidents quickly.
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to use ambiguity as an opportunity to shape the environment.
- Excellent team player with the ability to influence others.
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive; requires little supervisory attention
- Strong analytical, communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence best practices, processes, tools, standards, and methodologies
- Outstanding knowledge of Data Modelling and Database Design
- Significant hands on technical experience leading the design and supporting the strategic direction and deployment of DW/BI Architecture, including:
- Data repositories, tools and archiving strategy and processes
- Big Data (Hadoop, Hortonworks/Cloudera, HDInsight, EMR, MapR), NoSQL, Spark, Drill, Presto, Elastic Search etc.)
- Cloud platforms (Preferably with Azure)
- Ability to interpret functional requirements, perform system analysis, and provide architectural expertise with a focus on Data Architecture
- Experience of leading the BI assessment and road mapping exercises
- Experience in relational databases such as MS SQL Server, Oracle etc.
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors or contractors to execute projects.
- Understanding and experience with ERP & CRM source systems to include Microsoft Dynamics GP, Salesforce CRM
- Proven capabilities in project management
- Unlimited PTO
- Regular in-office social events, happy hours, etc.
- 401K Match + 15% Bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Open vacation policy
- Commuter Pre-Tax program
- Gym Membership
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please send your resume directly to email@example.com or call (Brittany Toth) 212-731-8282. My client is looking to start the interview process as soon as possible.
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft recruitment, advertising more Azure roles than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Azure market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in The Greater New York area and have a complete understanding of where the best Azure opportunities are.Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the Microsoft permanent and contract recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally from our offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.