Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Services - Austin, TX - Full Time
If you're the right person for the job, you will be joining this software company's Cloud Engineering Team! As a leader within that team, you will continue to drive their culture of engineering empowerment.
You'll be expected to continually learn, utilize and contribute to the latest open-source tools available to enable a seamless experience between our bare metal, public and private cloud environments.
What you'll do:
As a leader, you will be driving culture by building, evangelizing, and supporting the environments used by all of the engineers globally.
You'll have the chance to drive the development experience on the bleeding edge of cloud technologies. You'll be on an agile team - where people go out of their way to help each other succeed. You'll also get to work with stakeholders across the globe, gaining international experience in a fast-paced industry all while working in an incredible office space!
- * Designing, testing, and building new capabilities for the company's global PaaS infrastructure that forms the backbone of the company.
- * Responsible for the design and implementation of API that orchestrates their global micro-services platform.
- * Developing enterprise platform services utilizing service oriented architectures
- * Developing unit tests, functional tests, and integration test frameworks for distributed systems
- * Performing peer reviews, code walkthroughs, and weekly demos
- * CI/CD pipeline management for infrastructure components
- * Must have the ability to be a self-starter and work independently on technical projects but also work collaboratively with project team members through an agile development process that promotes constant team communication
- * Must have excellent communication skills to assist in conducting user interview sessions, requirements gathering, and design reviews
- * Programming skills - You are comfortable writing code in multiple languages, confident in choosing the right strongly or dynamically typed language for the job. Preferred language familiarity: Java, NodeJS, Ruby, Scala, Go
- * Database skills - You understand the use cases for relational and non-relational data, you've implemented code against several different database platforms.
- * Development experience - Service Oriented Architecture and micro-services
- * Experience with Java and Scala, NodeJS, Ruby, Python, Go, etc.
- * Knowledge of configuration management tools, monitoring tools, cloud platforms, and software delivery tools
- * Experience with micro-services networking, load balancing, and service discovery concepts and technologies
Perks of the job:
- Casual Dress!
- 5 Weeks PTO
- Competitive salary
- Benefits galore - medical, dental, vision, pet
- 5% 401(k) match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Snacks on the daily