My client is seeking a Lead Software Engineer with a passion for using technology to engineer solutions that creatively solve problems to deliver business value, with a focus on teamwork and project success. The role requires a broad and deep capability to map a client's problem domain to a fully developed end state solution. Our clients' needs require technically strong consultants who are resourceful, communicate well, and have good problem solving skills. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of modern application development techniques and frameworks and good experience using the Microsoft technology stack for development. As part of a team that provides project based consulting, you will have the opportunity to work in multiple industry verticals, working on multiple teams and projects.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be part of a team of talented developers, business analysts, QA analysts and Project Managers building solutions for Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 Clients. You will participate in the development life cycle including development, testing, and implementation. You will work hand-in-hand with the Architect, Project Managers and Business Analysts to understand the business requirements and build a software solution. As a Lead Software Engineer, you will collaborate closely with the Architect to develop detailed designs that implement the Architect's overall vision. You will communicate and implement those designs to the Software Engineers, monitoring and leading daily progress. Coordination with other Lead Software Engineers to ensure sufficient, coherent communication and collaboration across work streams on large projects. The position requires strong software development skills and background. In addition to lead functions, you will develop systems hands on, taking on the most technically complex and difficult development activities, and enabling the team to work collaboratively to complete.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mentor and guide the team members in enhancing their technical capabilities and increasing productivity
- Understand project scopes, architectural diagrams and requirements to further breakdown more granular requirements and implementing them as part of a project team
- Continuously improving while adhering to process compliance of the company, team and project
- Solve technically complex problems and prioritize tasks based on technical knowledge
- Act as the point of escalation for Software Engineers and other technical delivery roles within project teams
- Facilitate and coordinate appropriate and effective communication channels within their project team, and across teams through the other Technical Team Leads
- Promote the organization's present technology within a team
CRITERIA & REQUIREMENTS
- Strong experience (5+ years) with C#, including: Development, diagnosing and debugging, Classes, Interfaces, Delegates and Events, Generics, Anonymous methods and lambda expressions, Exceptions, transactions and error handling, .NET Framework 3.5 and higher
- Strong experience (3+ years) with web service development (WCF, WebAPI, Microservices)
- Strong experience (3+ years) with Entity Framework and LINQ
- Strong experience with Microsoft Azure, including: Web Apps and Cloud Services (web roles and worker roles), SQL Azure, BLOB and Table storage, Service Bus, Queues and Topics, Azure Management, including deployments, configuration and the SDK
- Strong understanding and implementation of software design patterns, including: Basic OO concepts such as encapsulation and abstraction, SOLID principals such as single responsibility, dependency injection and interface driven design.
- Strong experience (5+ years) with database development in SQL Server 2008 R2 or higher, including: T-SQL, Tables and Views, Procedures and Functions
- Strong knowledge and experience with software modelling and diagraming, including: Reference Architecture, Use Case, Process Flow, Call Chain diagrams (UML or other), Entity Relationship diagrams, Logical layer, physical layer diagrams
- Strong experience with Team Foundation Server, Git and/or VSO, including source control, build and task management
- Strong experience with code reviews, source control and release management
- Interested in learning new technologies, creative, open-minded and a great team player
- Ability to instrument, profile, debug, and optimize server and client code to resolve complex issues with distributed systems
- Adept at task switching to handle varying workload, while meeting tight deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
This is a permanent role, and candidates must be either US Citizens or Green Card holders. Visa sponsorship is not provided
Please be sure to reach out to me as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! This role is not set to last! For more information, or to apply, call Brittany Forte at (813) 437-6975 ext. 6975, if you prefer email- email an up to date CV to email@example.com.
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft recruitment, advertising more Azure roles than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Azure market I have built relationships with most of the key employers and have a complete understanding of where the best Azure opportunities are.