The Director of IT will ensure the efficient, effective and high-quality operation of the IT department in alignment with business objectives of the organization. This position will plan, coordinate, direct, and lead the design of IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The Director of IT will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, development, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This position will also define and implement IT policies, procedures and best practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recommends and developments short and long-term IT strategy and plans for systems implementation, integration, IT service management, and operations, capital and operating budgets, and staffing to accomplish business objectives.
- Oversee all company IT software and hardware solutions across the organization.
- Communicate and train others in operational routine procedures, methods, and processes. Monitor computer systems and communicate exceptions and variations as required to maintain a reliable and predictable operation. Identify incorrect operations and system failures. Work with systems users and IT organization to correct the failures and restore the system to proper working order in an efficient and timely manner that minimizes the adverse effects of the failure as the business demands.
- Manage and oversee the business use of applications, including the ERP (NAV) and BI (Tableau), throughout the platform lifecycle, providing direction and coordination for enhancements.
- Protect the Company's IT resources through strict adherence to company security processes and policies; oversee the training and communication and enforce company security processes and policies; improve and develop company security processes and policies; lead company disaster recovery team.
- Proactively improve business processes and growth through technology enablement. Leverage other industry standards/boards/councils/teams for establishing common practices/processes and institution across the organization. Work with other IT teams to define and agree on integration needs between processes.
- Develop and nurture relationships with all IT users and stakeholders, including senior leaders such that he/she has a fundamental understanding of our company's strategic choices and can guide/facilitate business leaders to translate these choices into prioritized, actionable projects. Align the IT Strategy to the Business Strategy.
- Provide recommendations to leadership in the development of IT strategy, tactics, plans, and processes. Assist with problem-solving activities and internal IT process development. Also, collaborate with the Company Executives and Functional Management on improving operational performance and achieving the Company's strategic objectives.
- Research and report on the practical application of new technologies appropriate to the area of responsibility. Evaluate vendor proposals and make recommendations for computer equipment and software. Coordinate the acquisition of hardware/software with the leadership as appropriate.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area's goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods, and materials.
· Bachelor's in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent, MBA preferred
· 8-10 years of progressive experience in Information Systems required
· Supervisory/management experience required
· Experience working in manufacturing environments (ERP) and manufacturing process control networks preferred
· Experience leading ERP implementation and/or upgrade preferred, NAV experience a plus
· Experience managing
· Excellent project management, communication, and interpersonal skills
· Working knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies
· Staying abreast of IT trends and emerging technologies