Desktop Engineer Specialist
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a Desktop Engineer who will play a key part in ensuring the engineering function continues to deliver a highly performant desktop estate to my client.
The Desktop Engineer will be required to provide 3rd line troubleshooting.You will be required to work closely with both the Global Desktop Engineering Team and Global Desktop architect to ensure successful delivery of the engineering function.
You will support the international offices by developing, rolling out and maintaining our systems and processes, using cutting-edge software and hardware.
My client knows that helping you balance personal and professional commitments is a big part of that, so they're open to flexible working. You can do this job from 3 to 5 days per week.
Our team has shifts, so you may be working early mornings, evenings and weekends.
What you'll do
- Provide 3rd level investigation and resolution of desktop incidents, problems and support
- Provide support, advice and input on in-flight desktop transformation initiatives
- Monitor availability and performance of desktop systems and rectify issues as required
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex desktop related issues escalated from first and second level support
- Identify key improvements to existing desktop delivery processes
- Assess, document and implement desktop platform changes as required in conjunction with risk and security teams
- Document processes for internal policies and procedures related to desktop platforms
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Excellent proficiency in Windows 10 desktop engineering
- Excellent proficiency in AppSense Environment Manager including Personalisation
- Working experience in a VDI environment
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Knowledge of Citrix brokered virtual desktop solutions
- Knowledge of App-V delivered applications
- Knowledge of Powershell implementation