Azure Data Engineer - £50-70k - UK-Wide
A successful and well-known consultancy is looking to recruit several Azure Data Engineers to join their growing team. This company offers the opportunity to work with the latest cloud technology on exciting and diverse projects around the UK.
Using modern data engineering techniques and methods working with advanced analytics you will support the business decisions made by clients. You will be collecting, aggregating, and analysing structured/unstructured data from various different sources to assist decision-makers. The key focus of your role will be to support data-driven insights to assist clients in achieving business outcomes and objectives.
You will be designing and building data pipelines, reporting tools, data streams, API's, dashboards, and other end-user information portals and insight tools. Your position will be important in ensuring that data can be accessed and manipulated by stakeholders for both routine and ad hoc analysis to drive business decision-making.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Analysing current business practices, processes, and procedures and identifying further opportunities through the use of Microsoft Azure Data and Analytics PaaS Services.
- Build and design Data Service API's.
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Deliver architecture for enterprise data solutions using Azure cloud technologies.
- Plan and implement data design services.
- Take part in the development and maintenance of data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures and relational/non-relational databases for data acess and advanced analytics.
- Implement effective monitoring processes and metrics.
- Use Power BI, Azure API Apps or any other relevant visualisation platform to expose data to end users.
- Work from client sites across the UK as required (minimum of 3 days per week).
To be a good fit for this role you should have / be able to demonstrate most of the following skills and experience:
- Experience of turning business use cases and requirements to technical solutions.
- Business processing mapping of data and analytics solutions.
- Azure HDInsight + Spark, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Databricks, Azure Stream Analytics experience.
- Knowledge of Python is a plus.
- Experience preparing data for Data Science and Machine Learning.
- Experience preparing data for use in Azure Machine Learning and/or Azure Databricks is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience preparing data and building data pipelines for AI Use Cases.
- Designing and building Data Pipelines using streams of IOT data.
- Knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Quality tools.
- Working experience with Visual Studio, PowerShell Scripting, and ARM templates.
- Experience with Git/TFS/VSTS.
If you think that this role would be a good fit then apply today! Alternatively, contact David Airey on 0191 338 7508 or at email@example.com.