Data Scientist - New York City
Location: New York City
Technology: Azure Big Data
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Date Posted: August 15, 2019
My client has a growing Data Science team consisting of data scientists who develop best-in-class approaches and models to solve complex business problems using Machine Learning and Advanced Analytics.
You will be an integral part of the project teams working to drive top-line growth for our clients. You will be responsible for the core components of the model development process, from data wrangling / pre-processing to Machine Learning model development, testing, and implementation. Throughout this process, you will also gather and communicate meaningful data insights to your project team.
- Data wrangling, cleaning, and pre-processing
- Conducting exploratory data analysis and communicating insights through clear descriptions and visualizations
- Developing, testing, and implementing Machine Learning/Azure Machine Learning models
- Conducting research on recent developments in machine learning and AI, with a focus on topics related to pricing, sales, and marketing
- Being a topic expert on Machine Learning and AI for your project team, enabling strong project planning and team performance
- Experience with Machine Learning or Azure Machine Learning and statistical modelling techniques
- Strong programming skills in R and/or Python
- Experience applying advanced analytics and Machine Learning to solve business problems
- Experience with data visualization software / libraries (Tableau, PowerBI, Matplotlib)
- Implementation experience with Machine Learning models and applications
- Knowledge of cloud-based Machine Learning engines (Azure)
- Experience with large scale data processing tools (Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
- Ability to query and program databases (SQL, No SQL)
- Experience with distributed ML frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.)
- Familiarity with collaborative software tools (Git, Jira, etc.)
- Experience with user interface libraries / applications (Shiny, Django, etc.)
- Domain expertise in pricing, demand forecasting, or time-series data
- Unlimited PTO
- Regular in-office social events, happy hours, etc.
- 401K + 7% Match
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Open vacation policy
- Gym Membership
- Uber Membership
- Free Breakfast/Lunch daily
- Bonus [15-20%]
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please send your resume directly to email@example.com or call (Brittany Toth) 212-731-8282. My client is looking to start the interview process as soon as possible.
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft recruitment, advertising more Azure roles than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Azure market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in The Greater New York area and have a complete understanding of where the best Azure opportunities are.
Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the Microsoft permanent and contract recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally from our offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.