A global company based in Cork are looking to add an experienced SQL Developer to their team. The successful candidate will go onto work on global operations using cutting edge technologies. There are many major products expecting to be released over the next few years. This is a great opportunity to join a company that produces products that are used by people all over the world.
The role is a senior one and the client is looking for someone who will be comfortable making decisions and have the capability of driving the business forward.
This position supports database design, optimization, and production support for specific projects. The role will require strong data design skills and the ability to work closely with software development engineers to develop robust, scalable, performance systems.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
* Implementation of MS SQL Server administration best practice with regard to
o Backup and restore strategies
o Scheduled maintenance procedures
o Performance analysis and troubleshooting
o Query/data access optimization
* Generating and publishing web enabled reports utilizing Internet Information Services (IIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and Data Transformation Loading (DTL).
* Implement and document database administration and development best practice.
* Develop and implement high availability database systems (99.9%+ uptime).
* Review and approve proposed SQL code changes.
* Work closely with I/T to determine and implement software and hardware upgrades as needed to promote system stability and performance.
* Work with various constituencies to gather requirements for enhancements to the existing system.
* Design and implement data hygiene mechanisms for all external data sources.
* Design and implement data export mechanisms in support of data sharing activities across Snap-on subsidiaries.
* Review existing database implementation. Recommend and implement changes to improve performance and reliability.
If you're interested in finding out more about the role please get in contact.
Telephone No: +44 191 338 7600
LinkedIn: 'Shane Purcell'